CVO Garage
May 24, 2018, 04:56:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Garage is accepting donations for upkeep and maintenance.  Click the Donations Menu Tab to help!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another problem has popped up on the Ultra, Radio is intermittant  (Read 20533 times)
09CVORider
Tire Changer

My Ride 1:2009 Ruby/Maroon SEUC
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 11:26:54 AM »

no, re-runs of Mr. Rodgers...quite inspirational

asshole

Mr. Rodgers.....damn i was looking for that version myself. asshole

Back at ya  Grin

-dave...formerly known as OhioDave
Florida Marine
Executive QC Service Advisor

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 01:06:25 PM »

Mr. Rodgers.....damn i was looking for that version myself. asshole

Back at ya  Grin

it came with my Kaptain Kangaroo life sized doll...
09CVORider
Tire Changer

My Ride 1:2009 Ruby/Maroon SEUC
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 01:30:54 PM »

it came with my Kaptain Kangaroo life sized doll...

Now you showin your age !

-dave...formerly known as OhioDave
Florida Marine

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 01:43:34 PM »

Now you showin your age !

my current age and my maturity level are quickly departing ways...

I'm growing older, but not up.
Keats
Service Advisor

My Youngest

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3

My Ride 2:2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 03:03:27 PM »

Well. they say it is my amp that is bad.

Not the radio........will find out in a week or so if they are right?

D&D Fatcats 2 into 1, Andrews 54H Cams, Ported, milled and coated heads, 2.120 intake valve, Timkin Bearing conversion, SE Crank Darkhorse'd Plugged and welded, SE Cam plate, CR 9.8, SE adjust rods, Johnson Lifters, KB Pistons/rings matched w/jugs trued.
Schmoopy
Tire Changer

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2009, 09:33:30 PM »

last thing to get packed, first to be unpacked...

"Staaay just a little bit longer,  I want to play just a little bit longer?"
Florida Marine

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2009, 06:46:10 AM »

"Staaay just a little bit longer,  I want to play just a little bit longer?"

nah, I gotta keep an eye on your hubby!
tom149
Shop Gopher

My Ride 1:06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate 107CI

My Ride 2:98' FATBOY
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2010, 09:30:23 PM »

Some 2006 and up HK radios seem to have that issue (lose output to all speakers). It is temporarily remedied by toggling the speaker rocker switch or turning the radio on and off. The HK unit on my 06' FLHTCUSE has the problem and it is very annoying. This company fixes the problem (www.ironcrossaudio.com) if your bike is out of warranty. I think some dealerships send radios there for repair as well. I believe that you get a $50.00 discount as a forum member. Hope this info helps!

Tom
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 09:35:27 PM by tom149 » Logged

06' FLHTCUSE black candy crimson/slate, 107CI welded and ported TC 88 heads (swapped out SE 103 heads), jugs bored to 3.938, CP 107FT pistons, andrews hydraulic cam conversion kit with 54N cams, Rinehart TD, SE AC, SERT Dyno Tune, clearview recurve shield, detachable tour pak, HW "four in the face"
J-Carr
AKA: Oscar Diggs

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2010, 07:48:03 AM »

Thanks for that info Tom.  It is a repeating occurance, and the factory fix doesn't actually fix it.  Replacing radio with a known problem with another radio with the known problem pospones the the issus until it's out of warrenty.  However, since I have documented prrof of it happening twice, (Two different units) if it happens again I intend to fight that that problem was not resolved and make them continue to replace it under warrenty.

Ride Safe,
JC

Please stop the planet.  I would like to get off.
faceracer
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2010, 11:27:52 AM »

FTR...
you radio guys kill me
The radio is the only reason I ride a touring bike, otherwise I would still be riding the Dyna!!!!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
J-Carr

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2010, 12:34:04 PM »

The radio is the only reason I ride a touring bike, otherwise I would still be riding the Dyna!!!!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
My wife rides a Dyna with a J&M Handlebar CB that takes MP 3 input.  The Zumo 550 she has MP3 output, so she plugs on into the other and voila.... She has tunes, CB communication to the dressers, GPS, and Bluetooth (Which she refuses to use).  Pretty slick actually.  She could add the XM antenna module but is happy with her MP3 tunes.

Hoist uses almost the same setup but since he hates to talk so much... umm... well at any rate he runs the Zumo out put into an amp and handlebar mounted speakers instead of a CB unit for tunes without headset.  Another slick set-up.

So now you need another excuse for riding a geezer glide.  My excuse is that I'm broken down old before my time and need a plush old man's bike to get around.

That and of course the fact that fairings are cooler then windshields.  Right Howie....? heheheh

Ride Safe,
JC

Hoist!
Monster!
Administrator

HBRRNYC!!!

My Ride 1:'07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED! +++, "CYBIL"!!!

My Ride 2:'99 FXR3, BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, 80" STAGE II EVO 5-SPEED! +++, "JOY"!!!

My Ride 3:'85 FXWG, BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED! +++, CVO STYLE!!!

My Ride 4:'08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR-BASED PRO STREET, BLACK, BOYCE FRAME, HOT 89" EVO 5-SPEED! VERY FAST!!!

My Ride 5:'09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE SOLO BATES SEAT & TIN W/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" STAGE III EVO 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2010, 04:38:40 PM »

My wife rides a Dyna with a J&M Handlebar CB that takes MP 3 input.  The Zumo 550 she has MP3 output, so she plugs on into the other and voila.... She has tunes, CB communication to the dressers, GPS, and Bluetooth (Which she refuses to use).  Pretty slick actually.  She could add the XM antenna module but is happy with her MP3 tunes.

Hoist uses almost the same setup but since he hates to talk so much... umm... well at any rate he runs the Zumo out put into an amp and handlebar mounted speakers instead of a CB unit for tunes without headset.  Another slick set-up.

So now you need another excuse for riding a geezer glide.  My excuse is that I'm broken down old before my time and need a plush old man's bike to get around.

That and of course the fact that fairings are cooler then windshields.  Right Howie....? heheheh

Ride Safe,
JC

Close JC! I use the Zumo 550 with the XM-40 antenna. So I have MP3/XM for music, besides all my GPS/traffic/weather functionality. The output goes to TWO amplifiers, a 100W Cycle Sounds amp for the 2 front speakers mounted on the handlebars, and a 150W Hawg Wired amp that feeds 2 rear Polk Audio 6-1/2" component speakers mounted in Dragonfly speaker pods installed on my KTP. I love my RK, but HATE fairings! So there's always another way to skin a cat music wise!!! Anything's better than settling for a fairing if ya only have one for the radio!!! Nixweiss Nixweiss Nixweiss

Hoist! It's Howie

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!!!"

Live Free or Die!!!

Zero Moderation Is Our Goal!!!

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"
faceracer
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2010, 09:36:17 PM »

Ride Safe,
JC
Ok I guess I wanted the cruise control to!   Thumbs Up
J-Carr

That's what she said

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2010, 08:03:45 AM »

Ok I guess I wanted the cruise control to!   Thumbs Up
And Anti-Lock brakes.  The only two things she's missing.  If the MoCo hadn't screwed the pooch so bad on the Road Glide this year she might have bought one.  But she's not buying black or red (sorry for the misguided souls who believe red is faster...).  The frame is too wide for her to fit comfortably, and lowering it is not an option as she drags the hell out of a stock height bike.  The '08 frame works for her.  So she may buy a used '08 with what she wants one of these days.

Cruise control... Gotta remember that excuse.  I getting to old to admit I'm old.  Hysterical Laughing   Thumbs Up  Hysterical Laughing

Ride Safe,
JC

FLHSE
Shop Gopher

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 08:32:38 PM »

You maybe should consider these, if you have modified the bike, added larger speakers, cams, stiffer mtr mounts and such.  The radio seems to help hold the vertical braces in place and if they move, it sort of turns the radio into an accordion.  Think about it, the heat sink is on the right side of the radio, inside there are some components attached to it as well as the circuit board.  If you flex them enough, they break and you see the results.  These braces appear to lock in the vertical supports and protect the radio. 

Harley changed the vertical braces in mid 08 to make them more rigid.  How many people have had the vertical brackets break? or does the CD skip while riding at different speeds due to the shake in the fairing?  These appear to help.  Tom 149 is putting them in his bike and we Will see how they help him. 

BTW, Iron Cross does a great job repairing the radios and they do add a number of things to them to help keep them working properly. 

I destroyed a radio before I understood the failure mode, since I replaced the radio and put these braces in place, I have over 5k miles on this radio (first radio didn't last very long, less than 1k)and it still works great.  (my opinion)  The CD rarely skips now.  Smoother ride at highway speed due to less shake. 

Let me know if you have any questions, Looking forward to hear what Tom 149 has to say. 

Brad   Thumbs Up
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: