CVO Garage
October 20, 2018, 01:54:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Garage is accepting donations for upkeep and maintenance.  Click the Donations Menu Tab to help!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another problem has popped up on the Ultra, Radio is intermittant  (Read 22976 times)
iski
Executive QC Service Advisor

Hold your ears folks, it's show time.

My Ride 1:2002 FLHRCI Road King Classic - Vivid Black - Traded

My Ride 2:2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded

My Ride 3:2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded

My Ride 4:2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2013, 06:49:54 AM »

Too late since I thought it was the speaker switch the bike is at the dealer.  Radio is on it's way to HD radio hell with another one sent from hell to me.  If it craps out will do the Iron Cross fix since am planning to keep the bike for at least 2 more years and maybe more.  Have 4 or so left on ext.  waranty for future electronic and mechanical malfunctions.  Am about $100 ahead on the ext. w now.

There is a gas station - far side of town - that has no ethanol gas.  Marina gas is further away and muy $$ but there is cold beer at the marinas....

Hit a bat on the way to the dealer.  With my bat wing.  Messy little f$#@ers. Bike is black, at dinner a few people said they may start calliing me Batman. 

"If I could only write, I'd write a nasty letter to the mayor, if he could only read."~A Bug (Pogo)
EBCM 007
J-Carr
AKA: Oscar Diggs

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2013, 07:05:11 AM »

Fine.  I'll call you Batman, but I ain't humming the them song.  Damnit.  Now it's stuck in my head anyway.  Hope it didn't mar the fairing.  I hit a bird with mine and the beak caught the pinstripe and chipped it.  I keep meaning to get some touchup for it, but I can't see it from on the bike so I forget.

Radio #3 is in Nemo.  One and Two went in years one and two.  Three is on year 6.

One year to go on Warranty which has double paid off.  And will pay more as I believe I will need more tranny work this year.  Once the warranty is expired I will go the Iron Cross route.  Winter of 14/15 will be the time.

Nannananannaannaananan Batman, batman. bat... ARGHH!  Banging Head on Wall

Please stop the planet.  I would like to get off.
Miker

SoA # 1.77245385

My Ride 1:2009 FLHTCUSE4

My Ride 2:1935 VLD
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2013, 07:08:36 AM »

Makes sense to me anyways.....does the batbike have the radiohead murdering handlebar clamp set screws init?  The factory fix was the correct size screws, bout a 1/16 shorter...I iron crossed my-in when it was killed by HD....so far so good.  I killed my Brukus Kickshoe this morning going to work in the Palm Beach Twistie, fell off at work.  worked good if it didn't drag in the corners...

Missed you at ribfest.....

Nevermind
iski

My Ride 2:2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded

My Ride 3:2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded

My Ride 4:2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2013, 08:32:19 AM »

No one knows what it's like to be the Batman...   Grin

Dunno if I wanna be Batman.  Like it better than Darth Vader though.  Cool

Did not have a chance to check the fairing for bat damage.  Area was covered in bat goo.  Banging Head on Wall

Too bad about the Brukus.

Ribfest is same time as my annual club trip to Smokies with guys.  Our only trip and cannot make that every year.  Would like to go to Ribfest & some year will make it.  If I have the bat time, of course.

"If I could only write, I'd write a nasty letter to the mayor, if he could only read."~A Bug (Pogo)
EBCM 007
iski

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2013, 03:55:55 PM »

Bike back yesterday.  No refurb radio.  Brand new radio. Hah.  Service cannibalized a new bike for new radio.  Works with bat-sound and everything.  Also, bike washed - 8,452 bugs removed plus random bat goo - nice & shiny.  By dealer.

Swap meet today.  Sold about $160 worth of totally useless crap well preserved & slightly used valued treasures to people who need crap to fill their shelves, leaving my shelves empty.  So now have room for more crap.

Party tonight.  Taking growler of my 3 Monkeys Belgian Abbey Ale. 90 tomorrow, may ride to coast for c-food.

Drink

EBCM 007
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: