CVO Garage
October 20, 2018, 02:26:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Garage is accepting donations for upkeep and maintenance.  Click the Donations Menu Tab to help!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MY NEW "BABY"  (Read 20199 times)
RedDevil
Unmoderated Documenter
Mechanic

It's All Good!

My Ride 1:2011 FLTRUSE - Silent Gray Fellow

My Ride 2:2012 FLHXSE3 - Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« on: August 09, 2009, 02:51:53 PM »

Just picked the SESG up yesterday.  Pictures just don't do this bike credit.  It looks and rides great.

Flaming Devil

2011 FLTRUSE
Silent Gray Fellow
RedDevil
Unmoderated Documenter
Mechanic

It's All Good!

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 02:53:25 PM »

Grin

2011 FLTRUSE
Silent Gray Fellow
RedDevil
Unmoderated Documenter
Mechanic

It's All Good!

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 02:55:16 PM »

Grin

2011 FLTRUSE
Silent Gray Fellow
RedDevil
Unmoderated Documenter
Mechanic

It's All Good!

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 02:57:05 PM »

Grin

2011 FLTRUSE
Silent Gray Fellow
Twolanerider
Executive QC Service Advisor

My Ride 1:1999 FXR2 (red)

My Ride 2:2000 FLTRSEI (redder)

My Ride 3:2002 FLHRSEI (home made and even redder)

My Ride 4:bought an Indian (hat)
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 03:08:51 PM »

Excellent color choice Thumbs Up .

That one is my favorite of all the new models.  Having fun yet?
RedDevil
Unmoderated Documenter
Mechanic

It's All Good!

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 03:25:10 PM »

Excellent color choice Thumbs Up .

That one is my favorite of all the new models.  Having fun yet?

Thanks Don.  I love the bike.  Whatever they've done to the 110 appears to be good.  It's much quieter now than my 07 110 and it is sooooooooooo nice not having that damned whine in 5th gear!!!  Why they kept 1st gear as a straight cut I'll never know, but at least the whine is only temporary there before I shift.  The seat, so far, is very comfortable, but I know I'll need to put a back rest on.  The pipes are awfully anemic and I've already got some Vance and Hines 4" classics on order to replace them.  Going to put the SE Pro Tuner on.  New software for 2010, almost makes this an autotune device now.  It's call "smart tune".  You put the RT on the bike, press the record button and go out and ride putting it through it's paces.  Come back and connect the RT to your laptop and download the results of the ride.  The program will analyze everything and make suggested changes to the map to optimize everything.  You can then accept and download to the ECM or disregard it.  Really no more trying to get all the tables right, if you don't want to get in and play that deeply into the tuner.   

I'm definitely putting a 9 1/2" windshield on it, as that wind deflector just doesn't cut it with me being 6'4".  The wind comes right off of the deflector and hits me in the face. 

I wish it wasn't so damned hot today...I'd be out riding, but it's humid and close to 100.  Tomorrow is going to be humid again and will be over 100, so the weather is really sucking out here right now. 

Flaming Devil

2011 FLTRUSE
Silent Gray Fellow
Twolanerider

My Ride 1:1999 FXR2 (red)

My Ride 2:2000 FLTRSEI (redder)

My Ride 3:2002 FLHRSEI (home made and even redder)

My Ride 4:bought an Indian (hat)
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 03:36:39 PM »

We're 96 but only about 35% humidity (low for here).  So hot but tolerable.  Begged out of a ride this afternoon but will go this evening a bit.

The new tuner software sounds very interesting.  Incremental smoothing and improvements until it's "there."  Will keep my finger crossed the reality is as good as the idea seems to promise.

It's a beauty.  Even though it's my favorite of the new herd I'm still torn that rather than giving it its own look they made it an homage to the SEEG and SERG3.  If they had to steal they couldn't have chosen better targets though.  Because that is a sweet looking bike.

Glad to read you say the seat seemed to not suck.  In the pics it presents as a really good looking saddle.  Will it accept the backrest or will adding that force you to a swap?
Keats
Service Advisor

My Youngest

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3

My Ride 2:2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 03:54:47 PM »

I saw one yesterday at the Road Kill Cafe.
do not ask you would never find it in the mountains of western Maryland.

Anyway it looked great (the first one I had seen)
love the color and eagle head in gold.

I approached the owner and asked if I could take some picts since it was my first.

I picked this out immediately out of at least 300 bikes parked there.

D&D Fatcats 2 into 1, Andrews 54H Cams, Ported, milled and coated heads, 2.120 intake valve, Timkin Bearing conversion, SE Crank Darkhorse'd Plugged and welded, SE Cam plate, CR 9.8, SE adjust rods, Johnson Lifters, KB Pistons/rings matched w/jugs trued.
RedDevil
Unmoderated Documenter
Mechanic

It's All Good!

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 03:56:39 PM »

We're 96 but only about 35% humidity (low for here).  So hot but tolerable.  Begged out of a ride this afternoon but will go this evening a bit.

The new tuner software sounds very interesting.  Incremental smoothing and improvements until it's "there."  Will keep my finger crossed the reality is as good as the idea seems to promise.

It's a beauty.  Even though it's my favorite of the new herd I'm still torn that rather than giving it its own look they made it an homage to the SEEG and SERG3.  If they had to steal they couldn't have chosen better targets though.  Because that is a sweet looking bike.

Glad to read you say the seat seemed to not suck.  In the pics it presents as a really good looking saddle.  Will it accept the backrest or will adding that force you to a swap?

I agree with your assessment of paying homage to the SEEG and the SERG, but that's why I really liked it.  There are subtle differences that make it it's own model though.  There is a slot between the rider and passenger portion of the seat, so it will take a factory back rest.  And of course, there already is on in the P&A catalog.  so, I'll be probably getting that and installing it soon too.  I'm anxious to see if this new software will work as advertised.  If it does, it does have the potential to cut down on dyno time.  We'll see once I get it installed.  (That's on order with the pipes.)  The O2 sensors are now neatly tucked in and attached just before the collector on the header pipes.  They are much smaller sensors then the previous years and because of the new location, the aftermarket pipe manufacturers are going to have to scramble to get pipes out for the '10 model year.  I'm going to leave the stock headers on for now and just open up the sound a little.  With the Cat in the collector now and literally filling it, and the size of the collector, it will be virtually impossible to get rid of the cat without changing the headers.  So I'll see how it runs after just changing the cans.  
:FLMDV"

2011 FLTRUSE
Silent Gray Fellow
RedDevil
Unmoderated Documenter
Mechanic

It's All Good!

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 04:00:09 PM »

I saw one yesterday at the Road Kill Cafe.
do not ask you would never find it in the mountains of western Maryland.

Anyway it looked great (the first one I had seen)
love the color and eagle head in gold.

I approached the owner and asked if I could take some picts since it was my first.

I picked this out immediately out of at least 300 bikes parked there.

It's an eye catcher, that's for sure.  While I was getting the "orientation tour" of it yesterday, there were about 5 or 6 customers standing around commenting on it.  I haven't heard any bad comments from anyone that's seen it in person.  The dealer was excited as this was their first '10 model year bike sold and the fact that it was an SE made it even sweeter for them.  I never thought that I'd get one this fast though...it just all came together for me. 

Flaming Devil

2011 FLTRUSE
Silent Gray Fellow
iski

Hold your ears folks, it's show time.

My Ride 1:2002 FLHRCI Road King Classic - Vivid Black - Traded

My Ride 2:2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded

My Ride 3:2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded

My Ride 4:2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 04:41:56 PM »

Just picked the SESG up yesterday.  Pictures just don't do this bike credit.  It looks and rides great.

Flaming Devil

Damn good looking bike RD!   Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

That's the color that I am most interested in seeing in person.  Heard that 5th gear whine a little today on a ride from my bike - usually I am too deaf to hear it.  That backrest would be a "must add" for me.

Also very interested to learn about that auto tune feature you refer to from the Pro Tuner.  Very interested...

Great ride!  Enjoy!   Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

"If I could only write, I'd write a nasty letter to the mayor, if he could only read."~A Bug (Pogo)
EBCM 007
Florida Marine

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 04:57:43 PM »

Just picked the SESG up yesterday.  Pictures just don't do this bike credit.  It looks and rides great.

Flaming Devil

up the street from you now...off Mountain View/Joshua Road (take exit 136 and make a left at the four way to get to Mountain View) - great ride if you have not been on it...

and its not too hot to ride...c'mon now
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 05:01:47 PM by Florida Marine » Logged
Miker

SoA # 1.77245385

My Ride 1:2009 FLHTCUSE4

My Ride 2:1935 VLD
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 06:03:02 PM »

Thumbs Up

Its looks good...not too much red!

Ride on in good health..

Nevermind
harleymike77
Shop Gopher

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 06:16:34 PM »

Thanks Don.  I love the bike.  Whatever they've done to the 110 appears to be good.  It's much quieter now than my 07 110 and it is sooooooooooo nice not having that damned whine in 5th gear!!!  Why they kept 1st gear as a straight cut I'll never know, but at least the whine is only temporary there before I shift.  The seat, so far, is very comfortable, but I know I'll need to put a back rest on.  The pipes are awfully anemic and I've already got some Vance and Hines 4" classics on order to replace them.  Going to put the SE Pro Tuner on.  New software for 2010, almost makes this an autotune device now.  It's call "smart tune".  You put the RT on the bike, press the record button and go out and ride putting it through it's paces.  Come back and connect the RT to your laptop and download the results of the ride.  The program will analyze everything and make suggested changes to the map to optimize everything.  You can then accept and download to the ECM or disregard it.  Really no more trying to get all the tables right, if you don't want to get in and play that deeply into the tuner.   

I'm definitely putting a 9 1/2" windshield on it, as that wind deflector just doesn't cut it with me being 6'4".  The wind comes right off of the deflector and hits me in the face. 

I wish it wasn't so damned hot today...I'd be out riding, but it's humid and close to 100.  Tomorrow is going to be humid again and will be over 100, so the weather is really sucking out here right now. 

Flaming Devil

Hey RedDevil!  Where did you pick up the Vance & Hines 4" slip-ons?  Just curious.  Sounds like an AWESOME setup, and congrats on your AWESOME bike!  Mine is another 4 LONG weeks away......
Hogbreath
Master Mechanic

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 06:32:16 PM »

Congratulations Charlie.. It's really a sweet looking bike! It's just hard to hide money!  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: