CVO Garage
August 20, 2018, 03:38:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Garage is accepting donations for upkeep and maintenance.  Click the Donations Menu Tab to help!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: who here knows how to wire tour pack lights  (Read 13710 times)
Twolanerider
Executive QC Service Advisor

My Ride 1:1999 FXR2 (red)

My Ride 2:2000 FLTRSEI (redder)

My Ride 3:2002 FLHRSEI (home made and even redder)

My Ride 4:bought an Indian (hat)
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2009, 10:00:53 AM »

I understood that.

Something is wrong with me.

No donuts Nixweiss ?
iski

Hold your ears folks, it's show time.

My Ride 1:2002 FLHRCI Road King Classic - Vivid Black - Traded

My Ride 2:2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded

My Ride 3:2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded

My Ride 4:2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2009, 10:14:35 AM »

No donuts Nixweiss ?

Indubitably.

I like pie.
EBCM 007
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

My Ride 1:'07 Cherry Jester
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2013, 04:52:16 PM »

A couple years ago I had the dealer install the LED saddle bag spoiler lights. When I got it back they were wired to th accessory switch so if I had the key on the first position to use the radio the spoiler lights were on. They're wired for brake and running lights but not turn signal. I complained to the dealer about the accessory and told them I wanted it wired for turn also. They said they couldn't do it. It's far above my pay grade to do it myself. Is there anyone here who knows if my request is easily done or not?

"A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong"
iski

Hold your ears folks, it's show time.

My Ride 1:2002 FLHRCI Road King Classic - Vivid Black - Traded

My Ride 2:2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded

My Ride 3:2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded

My Ride 4:2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2013, 06:33:48 PM »

It's doable.  Need to find left/right rear turn signal light wires.  Under the seat, big plug for all back lights.  Then will need to run the wire from left spoiler to left turn, right spoiler to right turn - splice each one.

Are your rear turn signals also running lights?  If not will need to get that done first.  Plug and play, plus that will tell you where the turn signal wires are.

Your dealer is lazy, this is not that hard but it helps to have someone around who has one it before.

I like pie.
EBCM 007
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

My Ride 1:'07 Cherry Jester
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2013, 08:37:03 PM »

That's what I thought. My bro in law has a career in 12v systems and he could do it too.

"A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong"
Twolanerider

My Ride 1:1999 FXR2 (red)

My Ride 2:2000 FLTRSEI (redder)

My Ride 3:2002 FLHRSEI (home made and even redder)

My Ride 4:bought an Indian (hat)
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2013, 01:21:31 AM »

A couple years ago I had the dealer install the LED saddle bag spoiler lights. When I got it back they were wired to th accessory switch so if I had the key on the first position to use the radio the spoiler lights were on. They're wired for brake and running lights but not turn signal. I complained to the dealer about the accessory and told them I wanted it wired for turn also. They said they couldn't do it. It's far above my pay grade to do it myself. Is there anyone here who knows if my request is easily done or not?

The saddlebag spoiler lights actually don't had a turn signal function the way they're commonly hooked up to stock wiring.  Most automotive rear lights fire the turn signal and the brake light over the same wire.  The bikes do not.  Separate feed for brake light, running light and turn signal.  Since the the spoiler lights are only wired for two function you can't get all three operations.  Unless....

Just plug in one of the Badlands Illuminator modules.  It takes the inputs for all three functions and spits them back to the rear to share turn signal functions piggybacked on the existing wiring.    Find the right one for your bike (for example) here:

http://www.ridetimetechnology.com/badlands_ill.htm

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: