CVO Garage
September 25, 2018, 11:35:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Garage is accepting donations for upkeep and maintenance.  Click the Donations Menu Tab to help!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on SESG  (Read 56322 times)
RedDevil
Unmoderated Documenter
Mechanic

It's All Good!

My Ride 1:2011 FLTRUSE - Silent Gray Fellow

My Ride 2:2012 FLHXSE3 - Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 01:10:58 PM »

Phew, I thought I was seeing something you guys weren't on those hole covers.  I think I'd rather leave the holes in my fairing, or cover them with electrical tape before I'd use those butt-ugly covers they made.

Flaming Devil

2011 FLTRUSE
Silent Gray Fellow
Hoist!
Monster!
Administrator
Executive QC Service Advisor

HBRRNYC!!!

My Ride 1:'07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED! +++, "CYBIL"!!!

My Ride 2:'99 FXR3, BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, 80" STAGE II EVO 5-SPEED! +++, "JOY"!!!

My Ride 3:'85 FXWG, BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED! +++, CVO STYLE!!!

My Ride 4:'08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR-BASED PRO STREET, BLACK, BOYCE FRAME, HOT 89" EVO 5-SPEED! VERY FAST!!!

My Ride 5:'09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE SOLO BATES SEAT & TIN W/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" STAGE III EVO 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 01:15:46 PM »

HeHe!!! You FD guys REALLY f$#@ING KILL ME!!! Hysterical Laughing Hysterical Laughing Hysterical Laughing Hysterical Laughing Hysterical Laughing Wink

Hoist! It's Howie

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!!!"

Live Free or Die!!!

Zero Moderation Is Our Goal!!!

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"
Twolanerider

My Ride 1:1999 FXR2 (red)

My Ride 2:2000 FLTRSEI (redder)

My Ride 3:2002 FLHRSEI (home made and even redder)

My Ride 4:bought an Indian (hat)
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 01:18:33 PM »

HeHe!!! You FD guys REALLY f$#@ING KILL ME!!! Hysterical Laughing Hysterical Laughing Hysterical Laughing Hysterical Laughing Hysterical Laughing Wink

Hoist! It's Howie
Hysterical Laughing
RedDevil
Unmoderated Documenter
Mechanic

It's All Good!

My Ride 1:2011 FLTRUSE - Silent Gray Fellow

My Ride 2:2012 FLHXSE3 - Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 01:38:11 PM »

I used to feel exactly the same way Charlie.

I always hated the handlebar mirrors on dressers.  Gave me a great view of my shoulders.  I hunted for 4 months to find a set of Fairing mounts for my 91 Classic.  Put the SG style on my '99 about a week after I broght it home.  Dreaded cutting the holes into the painted fairing for Nemo but I new I'd have to do it as I put safety first and need to see behind me.

But a funny thing happened on the way home.  I discovered the curved arms on the SE mirrors worked!  I could actually see better then I could with the SG setup I had on my '99.  So I've been happy with mine ever since.

Ride Safe,
JC

JC,
I think it's the stock mirrors on the non-CVO Glides that are the problem.  I put the SG-type fairing mirrors on my '02 Ultra because the stems were too short on the stock mirrors and I couldn't get the mirrors to "look" past my shoulders.  I think the stems on the mirrors they put on the SEUCs are longer because the mirrors on my SEUC can see past my shoulder very well.  But I don't have the stomach to drill holes in the SEUCs fairing enough to replace them.  But I do like the fairing mounted mirrors a lot better.   I think Jim (HD-Dude) can order color matched fairing mirros for about $150 a pair...

Flaming Devil

2011 FLTRUSE
Silent Gray Fellow
HRD-HD (grc)
Mechanic

My Ride 1:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 02:02:41 PM »

Kuryakyn has released a part to cover the hole left behind by removing fairing mount mirrors.  As always whether one likes it or not is up to individual taste.  But it's the only thing I know intended to hide that hole if the mirrors are removed.  Check out Kuryakyn part # 3767.

I think I'd rather have black duct tape, thank you very much.

Jerry Wink
Hoist!
Monster!
Administrator

HBRRNYC!!!

My Ride 1:'07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED! +++, "CYBIL"!!!

My Ride 2:'99 FXR3, BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, 80" STAGE II EVO 5-SPEED! +++, "JOY"!!!

My Ride 4:'08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR-BASED PRO STREET, BLACK, BOYCE FRAME, HOT 89" EVO 5-SPEED! VERY FAST!!!

My Ride 5:'09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE SOLO BATES SEAT & TIN W/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" STAGE III EVO 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 02:03:50 PM »

I think I'd rather have black duct tape, thank you very much.

Jerry Wink

HeHe!!! I'd need that 200MPH tape if I had one!!! Evil Hysterical Laughing Hysterical Laughing Hysterical Laughing Hysterical Laughing Hysterical Laughing

Hoist! It's Howie

Live Free or Die!!!

J-Carr
AKA: Oscar Diggs

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 03:25:37 PM »

Kury has some more interesting new pieces to dress up the side and rear of a king tour pak though....  Roll Eyes
Groan

Sweet mother of god.  Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please tell me you are not talking about those god awful chrome things that make your bike look like it humped a 56 caddy and out sprouted that kury covered tour pak.  barf

We need a sarcastic emoticon.  Eye rolling just ain't enough...

Ride Safe,
JC

Although... I could see someone with fairing issues needing these parts to make up for...   Pot Stirrer

Please stop the planet.  I would like to get off.
Hoist!
Monster!
Administrator

HBRRNYC!!!

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 04:00:49 PM »

Groan

Sweet mother of god.  Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please tell me you are not talking about those god awful chrome things that make your bike look like it humped a 56 caddy and out sprouted that kury covered tour pak.  barf

We need a sarcastic emoticon.  Eye rolling just ain't enough...

Ride Safe,
JC

Although... I could see someone with fairing issues needing these parts to make up for...   Pot Stirrer

HeHe!!! And I hope it's a Newbie too, cause I'm an Evil Bastard!!! Roll Eyes Evil Evil Evil Hysterical Laughing Hysterical Laughing Hysterical Laughing Wink

Hoist! It's Howie

Live Free or Die!!!

Twolanerider

My Ride 1:1999 FXR2 (red)

My Ride 2:2000 FLTRSEI (redder)

My Ride 3:2002 FLHRSEI (home made and even redder)

My Ride 4:bought an Indian (hat)
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 08:13:25 PM »

Groan

Sweet mother of god.  Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please

The little rolling eyes icon wasn't a clue Hysterical Laughing ?
J-Carr

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009, 07:24:36 AM »

The little rolling eyes icon wasn't a clue Hysterical Laughing ?
It was a clue.  But I need carved in stone for that one bro.  Those Kury tour pak things SCARE ME TO DEATH.

Although back in the day I used to make haunted houses and always used my sporty as a prop with a skeleton, rigged to hit the horn on a motion detecter.  chit, just put those TP things on and leave it sit and it'd scare every reasonable person to walk through!  Hysterical Laughing  Hysterical Laughing  Hysterical Laughing

Ride Safe,
JC

J-Carr

That's what she said

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2009, 07:26:44 AM »

HeHe!!! And I hope it's a Newbie too, cause I'm an Evil Bastard!!! Roll Eyes Evil Evil Evil Hysterical Laughing Hysterical Laughing Hysterical Laughing Wink

Hoist! It's Howie
Yeah... But I figured since you have a "fairingless" bike with a TP you'd want to add them to make up for your "shortcomings" up front.   Evil  Evil  Evil  Hysterical Laughing  Hysterical Laughing   Tongue

You Road King guys kill me.

Ride Safe,
JC

Hoist!
Monster!
Administrator

HBRRNYC!!!

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2009, 02:24:40 PM »

Yeah... But I figured since you have a "fairingless" bike with a TP you'd want to add them to make up for your "shortcomings" up front.   Evil  Evil  Evil  Hysterical Laughing  Hysterical Laughing   Tongue

You Road King guys kill me.

Ride Safe,
JC

Can't IMAGINE how you'd think I would take that as talking about moi' on this JC!!! Even as a RK KIller!!! Roll Eyes Tongue Nixweiss Nixweiss Nixweiss Hysterical Laughing Hysterical Laughing Hysterical Laughing

Hoist! It's Howie

Live Free or Die!!!

J-Carr

That's what she said

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2009, 02:37:01 PM »

Can't IMAGINE how you'd think I would take that as talking about moi' on this JC!!! Even as a RK KIller!!! Roll Eyes Tongue Nixweiss Nixweiss Nixweiss Hysterical Laughing Hysterical Laughing Hysterical Laughing

Hoist! It's Howie
Hysterical Laughing  Hysterical Laughing  Hysterical Laughing

Ride Safe,
JC

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: