CVO Garage
July 18, 2018, 09:26:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Garage is accepting donations for upkeep and maintenance.  Click the Donations Menu Tab to help!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: to heck with bacon, doughnuts, and pie  (Read 10516 times)
MIKEYTEE
Supreme Bourbon Judge / Posty look a like # 100
Executive QC Service Advisor

ASSHOLE and PIE go together. Uncle Mikey

My Ride 1:1999 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2015, 05:18:31 PM »

Okay, so far as I see it, we need to stop and eat at the following:
Huntington, WV: Hillybilly Hotdogs for what else but Hotdogs.
Buffalo, NY: Anchor Bar for wings
Syracuse, NY: Dinosaur  BBQ for BBQ
Sebago Lake, ME: Invade BB and grill something and drink.
Wiscasset, ME: Dodge Inn for Whole Lobstah Closed and torn down. A lot changes in 50 years.
Boston, MA: Jimmy's Harbor House- South Harbor for Lobstah Rolls, Boston Baked Beans, and Chowdah
NY, NY:  We'll just skip NYC and go on to Phillly.
Philadelphia, PA: Tony Lukes for Philly Cheese Steak
North East, MD: Woody's or Naughty Goose for Crab cakes
Newport news, VA: What-A-Burger for Double What-A Burger w/cheese and Onion Rings
Naggs Head, NC: Kelly's for Pork Chops
Charleston, SC: for Shrimp and grits
Orangeburg, SC: for BBQ
Beaufort SC: for Beaufort Stew

Mike
 Drink

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 02:01:39 PM by MIKEYTEE » Logged

A Vote for progress. Vote for Mikeytee for President in 2020. I'm running on both party's ballots!
DM #5,
Proud member American Asshole Party.
J-Carr
AKA: Oscar Diggs

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2015, 05:32:28 PM »

Tony Luke's for Philly Cheesesteaks.  Unless you just want the photo up and geno vs pat battle. 

Please stop the planet.  I would like to get off.
MIKEYTEE

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2015, 06:17:49 PM »

Come on and add to the list.
Mike
 Drink

A Vote for progress. Vote for Mikeytee for President in 2020. I'm running on both party's ballots!
DM #5,
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

My Ride 1:'07 Cherry Jester
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2015, 06:35:35 PM »

It needs to be pins on a map so we establish a route before adding other cities willy nilly

"A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong"
iski

Hold your ears folks, it's show time.

My Ride 1:2002 FLHRCI Road King Classic - Vivid Black - Traded

My Ride 2:2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded

My Ride 3:2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded

My Ride 4:2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2015, 06:45:23 PM »

Beer Chug

I like pie.
EBCM 007
MIKEYTEE

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2015, 08:59:34 PM »

It needs to be pins on a map so we establish a route before adding other cities willy nilly

I don't have any pins or a big map, and I damn sure don't know how to post one here. Someone else will have to put up the map.
Mike
 Drink

DM #5,
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2015, 09:23:52 PM »

I don't have any pins or a big map, and I damn sure don't know how to post one here. Someone else will have to put up the map.
Mike
 Drink

Couldn't find andolini's or dodge inn and Jimmy's has more of a name than you gave......  Otherwise, here's a map that'll work.  We may need a place around PGH or in WV to be a starting point so we can make a loop out of it.

https://goo.gl/maps/LZb5n

MIKEYTEE

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2015, 09:16:08 AM »

Come on boys, don't be bashful, chime in on your favorite eateries.
Mike
 Drink

DM #5,
J-Carr
AKA: Oscar Diggs

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2015, 09:34:51 AM »

Woody's or Naughty Goose for the MD Easter Shore crab cakes.  There's some other good places, but Woody's has a "dive" type vibe and the naughty goose actually has a water front view (bay side).  They're both in North East MD.  North East is a town, not a geographic area, although it is that too.  Banging Head on Wall

Bad thing is that it's only two hours from Philly so we might want to pick a spot further down the Delmarva.  Once you get to DE/MD line all I know are the touristy places.  Some of them are good, but they're all over priced.  Phillip's in OC is the most famous but there's a chit load of them.  4 hours form Philly.  Want to make it further and you're in VA.  I don't know of anything that far down so someone else will have to chime in.

PDE blocks Google Apps.  So I can't see or update the calendar.

Please stop the planet.  I would like to get off.
MIKEYTEE

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2015, 01:41:07 PM »

We could start here in Huntington, WV. Could meet in New River Gorge and have lunch here.
https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=AwrB8pmYbIBVNFIAtpIunIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTIydmxpY29wBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZANmMWE1ODE2OTQ4YjUwOTk4Y2EzYWViOTU0ZDhlMDQzNwRncG9zAzIEaXQDYmluZw--?.origin=&back=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fyhs%2Fsearch%3Fp%3DHillbilly%2BHot%2BDogs%26fr%3Dyhs-mozilla-003%26hsimp%3Dyhs-003%26hspart%3Dmozilla%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D2&w=2048&h=1360&imgurl=www.guyfieri.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F06%2FHillbilly-Hot-Dogs.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guyfieri.com%2F%3Fs%3Dburger%26post-type%3Drecipes%26submit%3DSearch&size=684.9KB&name=%3Cb%3EHillbilly+Hot+Dogs%3C%2Fb%3E+Guy+Fieri&p=Hillbilly+Hot+Dogs&oid=f1a5816948b50998ca3aeb954d8e0437&fr2=&fr=yhs-mozilla-003&tt=%3Cb%3EHillbilly+Hot+Dogs%3C%2Fb%3E+Guy+Fieri&b=0&ni=21&no=2&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=1214le0c9&sigb=140e41p81&sigi=122bjj348&sigt=113vnlal3&sign=113vnlal3&.crumb=8hr94Bi3huJ&fr=yhs-mozilla-003&hsimp=yhs-003&hspart=mozilla

Mike
 Drink

DM #5,
vazhog
Master Mechanic

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2015, 02:05:31 PM »

Just watched it (dvr) mapped it its 5 hrs from me lets set a date I'm in

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 02:16:46 PM by vazhog » Logged

Reminder Heath Insurance -is NOT Health Care - Hope you can find a Doctor that accepts it.
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2015, 02:15:39 PM »

It's an all day ride from Huntington, WV to Buffalo, NY. Maybe we start in Huntington and go counter clockwise for the route. That way I'm not just doing a down and back in one day.

vazhog
Master Mechanic

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2015, 02:20:01 PM »

We are going past it on the way to Ky. Bourbon trail so time in July  date on when you're meeting at the hot dog place. Any one that wants to ride on with us is well come as we have no reservations or anything set in advance
 After all retired and bored.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 02:23:04 PM by vazhog » Logged

Reminder Heath Insurance -is NOT Health Care - Hope you can find a Doctor that accepts it.
arcticdude
Master Mechanic

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2015, 03:23:37 PM »

Faidley's at the Lexington Market in Baltimore has some of the best crab cakes I've had.  I lived in Salisbury and Ocean City years ago and never found a place to compete.  They're not cheap (~$14 ea), but you really only need one to be good to go.  They're almost a pound each.  Would also save from having to go across the little pond.  Just run up 95.  G&R Seafood around the corner is also pretty good.  Phillips used to be good in their very early days, but they got WAAAYYY to touristy for the locals to go to.  But there is one of those at the Inner Harbor (across the street from the Lexington Market) if you feel the urge.

Oh and Faidley's ships, too!  Wink
vazhog
Master Mechanic

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2015, 03:26:54 PM »

Faidley's at the Lexington Market in Baltimore has some of the best crab cakes I've had.  I lived in Salisbury and Ocean City years ago and never found a place to compete.  They're not cheap (~$14 ea), but you really only need one to be good to go.  They're almost a pound each.  Would also save from having to go across the little pond.  Just run up 95.  G&R Seafood around the corner is also pretty good.  Phillips used to be good in their very early days, but they got WAAAYYY to touristy for the locals to go to.  But there is one of those at the Inner Harbor (across the street from the Lexington Market) if you feel the urge.

Oh and Faidley's ships, too!  Wink

I would take you up on that except NOT SINCE all the BS that's gone down with the baltamorons Lately

MD is no longer in my travel plans -same goes for ST louis - But hey that's just me

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: