CVO Garage
September 23, 2018, 07:24:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Garage is accepting donations for upkeep and maintenance.  Click the Donations Menu Tab to help!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: to heck with bacon, doughnuts, and pie  (Read 11285 times)
J-Carr
AKA: Oscar Diggs
Executive QC Service Advisor

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2015, 03:31:00 PM »

Yeah, that's my opinion on Phillips too.  I know a couple of places over in the Middle River area but it's the same problem in that if they want to hit Philly for Cheesesteaks then B'more is only 2 hours away.  I'm trying to think of someplace good south of the MD/DE line on the eastern shore.  If we loop either way we could take thirteen from the VA Beach area or to the VA Beach area.  The Bridge/Tunnel is neat if you've never been over it which probably some have not.  I'm sure there's got to be a decent mom and pop crab shack somewhere south of OC... maybe in Chinkateague?

Wayne, we can avoid eating in MD if we eat in Philly.  But you can't get from NY to VA without passing through it unless we go WAY out of the way.  Especially when Philly and Bahstahn are on the list.

Please stop the planet.  I would like to get off.
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

My Ride 1:'07 Cherry Jester
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2015, 03:37:19 PM »

I'd like to cross Delaware off my list so maybe a ride through the tunnel would be cool. Anything to avoid the beltway on a bike.

"A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong"
iski

Hold your ears folks, it's show time.

My Ride 1:2002 FLHRCI Road King Classic - Vivid Black - Traded

My Ride 2:2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded

My Ride 3:2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded

My Ride 4:2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2015, 03:44:13 PM »

We are going past it on the way to Ky. Bourbon trail so time in July  date on when you're meeting at the hot dog place. Any one that wants to ride on with us is well come as we have no reservations or anything set in advance
 After all retired and bored.

Group of us planning to do the Kentucky bourbon trail next year. Cannot go this year.  Am very interested in comments on distilleries, general info about that area. Planning to stay in Shelbyville as hub.  Will get to the Corvette museum also since is on the way for us.  If you get  chance after you go, would like to know what your thoughts are, things to do/not do.

I like pie.
EBCM 007
MIKEYTEE
Supreme Bourbon Judge / Posty look a like # 100

ASSHOLE and PIE go together. Uncle Mikey

My Ride 1:1999 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2015, 03:46:05 PM »

We are going past it on the way to Ky. Bourbon trail so time in July  date on when you're meeting at the hot dog place. Any one that wants to ride on with us is well come as we have no reservations or anything set in advance
 After all retired and bored.

I'll be in Fayetteville WV July 15-18th for the New River GTG over at the big house, so when you going on the Bourbon trail?
May join up.
Mike
 Drink

A Vote for progress. Vote for Mikeytee for President in 2020. I'm running on both party's ballots!
DM #5,
Proud member American Asshole Party.
MIKEYTEE

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2015, 03:49:43 PM »

Okay, so far as I see it, we need to stop and eat at the following:
Huntington, WV: Hillybilly Hotdogs for what else but Hotdogs.
Buffalo, NY: Anchor Bar for wings
Syracuse, NY: Dinosaur  BBQ for BBQ
Sebago Lake, ME: Invade BB and grill something and drink.
Wiscasset, ME: Dodge Inn for Whole Lobstah Closed and torn down. A lot changes in 50 years.
Boston, MA: Jimmy's Harbor House- South Harbor for Lobstah Rolls, Boston Baked Beans, and Chowdah
NY, NY:  We'll just skip NYC and go on to Phillly.
Philadelphia, PA: Tony Lukes for Philly Cheese Steak
North East, MD: Woody's or Naughty Goose for Crab cakes
Newport news, VA: What-A-Burger for Double What-A Burger w/cheese and Onion Rings
Naggs Head, NC: Kelly's for Pork Chops
Charleston, SC: for Shrimp and grits
Orangeburg, SC: for BBQ
Beaufort SC: for Beaufort Stew

Mike
 Drink

I did a map quest on this and it is over 2700 miles! Justa sayin is all.
Mike
 Drink

A Vote for progress. Vote for Mikeytee for President in 2020. I'm running on both party's ballots!
DM #5,
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2015, 03:51:33 PM »

I was figuring it'd be 10-14 days.

MIKEYTEE

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2015, 03:56:20 PM »

Of course we could always invade BB at Sebago Lake again and cook what we want! Just an Idea!
But keep it quite and we'll suprise BB.
Mike
 Drink

DM #5,
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2015, 04:59:25 PM »

Group of us planning to do the Kentucky bourbon trail next year. Cannot go this year.  Am very interested in comments on distilleries, general info about that area. Planning to stay in Shelbyville as hub.  Will get to the Corvette museum also since is on the way for us.  If you get  chance after you go, would like to know what your thoughts are, things to do/not do.

I've been twice and used Bardstown as home base. I wanted a place near Makers Mark and Jim Beam that had lodging and dining options. Barton distillery (1792 Ridgemont) is right in town too. Don't miss Makers Mark, they only make the one bourbon. If you go to Bardstown, I'd recommend Mammy's Kitchen for a meal. It's local southern fair served in a diner setting right in town in a very old building with a tin tray ceiling. All the specials are on a chalkboard. It's where the locals go. And they have beer.

J-Carr

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2015, 06:09:14 PM »

definetly can't do it this year.  I'd need 6 months to plan for 10 days.

iski

Hold your ears folks, it's show time.

My Ride 1:2002 FLHRCI Road King Classic - Vivid Black - Traded

My Ride 2:2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded

My Ride 3:2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded

My Ride 4:2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2015, 06:13:40 PM »

I've been twice and used Bardstown as home base. I wanted a place near Makers Mark and Jim Beam that had lodging and dining options. Barton distillery (1792 Ridgemont) is right in town too. Don't miss Makers Mark, they only make the one bourbon. If you go to Bardstown, I'd recommend Mammy's Kitchen for a meal. It's local southern fair served in a diner setting right in town in a very old building with a tin tray ceiling. All the specials are on a chalkboard. It's where the locals go. And they have beer.

Thanks.  Sounds great!  Will pass info along.  Am not planning this one but will be helping plan.

I like pie.
EBCM 007
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2015, 07:03:15 PM »

Thanks.  Sounds great!  Will pass info along.  Am not planning this one but will be helping plan.

Expect around 3 hours including tasting. You can easily do 2 distilleries in a day. 3 is pushing it. They don't have late hrs.

vazhog
Master Mechanic

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2015, 07:33:15 AM »

I'll be in Fayetteville WV July 15-18th for the New River GTG over at the big house, so when you going on the Bourbon trail?
May join up.
Mike
 Drink

No real time (date) That may work - We can do it all or do a little and go with everyone (that may still be with us) next year as well Smiley after all you can taste and not go on the tour once you've seen it  Thumbs Up

Reminder Heath Insurance -is NOT Health Care - Hope you can find a Doctor that accepts it.
J-Carr

That's what she said

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2015, 07:45:32 AM »

If PA keeps its governmental head up its ass I may have some free time in July.  The problem will be if they do a late night deal and re-open the state government I'd have to be back the next day.

MIKEYTEE

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2015, 09:19:04 AM »

If PA keeps its governmental head up its ass I may have some free time in July.  The problem will be if they do a late night deal and re-open the state government I'd have to be back the next day.

Ah yes the trials and tribulations of employment. I used to deal with things like that, but that is all in the past. The down side to that is not having the disposable income to just take off any time I get the urge.
I like the retirement better, I just have to plan my getaways ahead of time.

Mike
 Drink

DM #5,
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2015, 01:40:32 PM »

Just spoke with my step father who's in Chattanooga. He asked that I fly there any time after July 5th and drive him to western NY. It's a long one day drive so he wondered if we might split it up with a stop for a bourbon tour on the way home. It's a few hour drive from Chattanooga so a PM tour around Bardstown area would be good. I'd get an early start the next morning to get back. I'm thinking Barton's, Weller, 4 Roses..... Anyone gonna possibly be in the area?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: