CVO Garage
April 25, 2018, 04:41:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Garage is accepting donations for upkeep and maintenance.  Click the Donations Menu Tab to help!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: noise from my primary?  (Read 3181 times)
1badcvo
Shop Gopher

My Ride 1:2009 cvo fat bob

My Ride 2:2007 sportster 1200L

My Ride 3:2007 FXDL low rider
« on: March 08, 2010, 06:16:23 PM »

wondering if anyone else has the same noise, its coming from the primary,kinda sounds like if you took a hammer and was able to hit it about 3000 times a minute against something. its a very rapid noise, and it most noticeable around 2800-3000 rpms it does happen around 2200 when its cold.I complained about it to the dealer when i first got the bike in august,it wasnt as bad as now but they told me its normal(of coarse) but that dont seem normal to me.ITs an 09 with just under two thousand miles on it. I heard something about misalignment of the primary chain making the same sorta of noise but i hear people say alot of things lol. thanks 
Hoist!
Monster!
Administrator
Executive QC Service Advisor

HBRRNYC!!!

My Ride 1:'07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED! +++, "CYBIL"!!!

My Ride 2:'99 FXR3, BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, 80" STAGE II EVO 5-SPEED! +++, "JOY"!!!

My Ride 3:'85 FXWG, BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED! +++, CVO STYLE!!!

My Ride 4:'08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR-BASED PRO STREET, BLACK, BOYCE FRAME, HOT 89" EVO 5-SPEED! VERY FAST!!!

My Ride 5:'09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE SOLO BATES SEAT & TIN W/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" STAGE III EVO 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 06:32:53 PM »

wondering if anyone else has the same noise, its coming from the primary,kinda sounds like if you took a hammer and was able to hit it about 3000 times a minute against something. its a very rapid noise, and it most noticeable around 2800-3000 rpms it does happen around 2200 when its cold.I complained about it to the dealer when i first got the bike in august,it wasnt as bad as now but they told me its normal(of coarse) but that dont seem normal to me.ITs an 09 with just under two thousand miles on it. I heard something about misalignment of the primary chain making the same sorta of noise but i hear people say alot of things lol. thanks  

Check the comp sprocket-make sure it hasn't loosened. Check the auto primary chain tensioner-make sure it's on the right ratchet and is working properly. Check the starter jackshaft and make sure everything's good in there with your starter and ring gear. If this is an '09, you'll prolly have the same bananas that told ya it was normal check it for ya (which dealer around here?). That's not a very promising scenario IMO. Get a good tech to look at it for ya, find the problem, then go back to HD and RAISE HOLY HELL!!! Good luck man! Thumbs Up Wink

You're over here in Plainview. If ya need some help with this, lemme know. Send me a PM and I'll get ya my number! Me or Dave should be able to hook you up! Thumbs Up

Hoist! It's Howie
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 06:37:19 PM by Hoist! » Logged

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!!!"

Live Free or Die!!!

Zero Moderation Is Our Goal!!!

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"
1badcvo
Shop Gopher

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 06:43:49 PM »

thanks, not gonna bring it back to great, neck had one to many issues with the service department there,hoping bellmore might be a better choice, was gonna ask Dave. I usually do everything my self i hat people touching my bike but still have alot of warranty left on this bike and don't want a problem.   
Hoist!
Monster!
Administrator
Executive QC Service Advisor

HBRRNYC!!!

My Ride 1:'07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED! +++, "CYBIL"!!!

My Ride 2:'99 FXR3, BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, 80" STAGE II EVO 5-SPEED! +++, "JOY"!!!

My Ride 3:'85 FXWG, BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED! +++, CVO STYLE!!!

My Ride 4:'08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR-BASED PRO STREET, BLACK, BOYCE FRAME, HOT 89" EVO 5-SPEED! VERY FAST!!!

My Ride 5:'09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE SOLO BATES SEAT & TIN W/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" STAGE III EVO 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 07:11:55 PM »

thanks, not gonna bring it back to great, neck had one to many issues with the service department there,hoping bellmore might be a better choice, was gonna ask Dave. I usually do everything my self i hat people touching my bike but still have alot of warranty left on this bike and don't want a problem.    

If you go to Bellmore, ask for Dominick to do the work on it. Maybe Dave can help set that up for you there. Good luck with it! Wink

Were you out this weekend? BEAUTIFUL weekend! We were out east yesterday. We should try to hook up one weekend. If I don't go away, you can usually find me riding somewhere around the area! Thumbs Up

Hoist! It's Howie
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 07:14:28 PM by Hoist! » Logged

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!!!"

Live Free or Die!!!

Zero Moderation Is Our Goal!!!

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"
1badcvo
Shop Gopher

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 09:24:45 PM »

sounds great, always looking to ride Grin. usually riding north shore (less traffic)or head out to Ct.If my wife's riding her bike we stick kind of close (she still not comfortable going on longer rides)but if the weather good I'm riding lol  fur sure will hook up maybe Dave can as well thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: