CVO Garage
October 20, 2018, 03:00:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Garage is accepting donations for upkeep and maintenance.  Click the Donations Menu Tab to help!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW '09 SEFB SIGNIFICANTLY BELOW MSRP - OPINIONS / IMPRESSIONS  (Read 5052 times)
PHAZE
Shop Gopher

My Ride 1:'09 Black Diamond / Fire Quartz SEFB

My Ride 2:'09 Ultra Classic - Custom Color Root Beer
« on: March 28, 2010, 06:14:20 PM »

I haven't been here recently, but I know that the forum is great for opinions.  I've got an '09 Ultra for more serious road work or when I just need the storage provided by the bags and tour pack.  I've been without a cruiser and want to get back on one.  I've got a dealer with a new bike and they're offering it WELL below MSRP and there are several other incentives available on the '09 (and I've got a Yamaha to trade, so $1000 from HD more than the usual low ball offer for the trade).  

I've owned a Dyna Low Rider and found it to be a great bike.  I'm interested in impressions on this CVO Fat Bob and would like to know what others might consider a GREAT deal on this '09 bike (the black one, although yellow is available too).

Thanks,
PHAZE
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 06:29:04 PM by PHAZE » Logged
J-Carr
AKA: Oscar Diggs
Executive QC Service Advisor

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 06:37:11 AM »

Although I haven't ridden the SE version I did ride the regular Fat Bob for a few miles and wasn't as happy with it as my wife's Street Bob.  The Fat Bob felt heavy in the slow speed turns to me, like you had to order it to turn rather then persuade it if that makes any sense.  I'm a huge fan of the Dyna line after riding my wife's Street Bob and thought that the Fat Bob would really appeal, but as it turned out, I'd much rather have a Wide Glide or Street Bob.

Ride Safe,
JC

Please stop the planet.  I would like to get off.
Hoist!
Monster!
Administrator

HBRRNYC!!!

My Ride 1:'07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED! +++, "CYBIL"!!!

My Ride 2:'99 FXR3, BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, 80" STAGE II EVO 5-SPEED! +++, "JOY"!!!

My Ride 3:'85 FXWG, BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED! +++, CVO STYLE!!!

My Ride 4:'08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR-BASED PRO STREET, BLACK, BOYCE FRAME, HOT 89" EVO 5-SPEED! VERY FAST!!!

My Ride 5:'09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE SOLO BATES SEAT & TIN W/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" STAGE III EVO 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 07:21:42 AM »

Personally Preston I like a narrow wheel on the front end of a street bike. I have 2 street bikes with narrow glides and 2 with wide glides. The wide glide I have with the 16" FB wheel is more a wrestling match than the standard 21" is. That's on a rigid bobber though, so I don't mind. I don't put that many miles on it anyway. But I prefer a lighter setup front end on my street bikes. Never rode the SEFB though. Just MPO of street bikes with different front ends and wheels. Nice to hear from ya man! Good luck on your decision! Thumbs Up

Hoist! It's Howie

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!!!"

Live Free or Die!!!

Zero Moderation Is Our Goal!!!

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"
56FLE
Mechanic

My Ride 1:2008 SERK Black Diamond Silver

My Ride 2:1956 FLE Panhead
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 08:17:17 AM »

I think that is the problem with the Fat Bob and why JC feels the way he does. The front tire is too heavy and makes the handling different then the same bike with a skinnier tire. That being said, take it for a road test prior to purchase because everyone will feel the weight differently.
PHAZE
Shop Gopher

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 08:50:25 AM »

Thanks for the input!  I recall doing a test ride on the Fat Bob when the Harley trailer made the rounds through Memphis.  I recall it being an enjoyable ride, but maybe I can get on the bike again before a final decision.  The bike has a look that I just think of as "muscular" and I'm just thinking that looking muscular might be easier than putting in the time to be muscular. 
J-Carr
AKA: Oscar Diggs

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 11:20:53 AM »

Like the other guys said, it's the wheel and tire that cause it.  And it may not bother some.  I don't hell ride, instead I get my kicks draggin the boards like the drill teams do.  In fact I ride with a bunch of drill team guys so it's a requirement to be able to do u-turn in 12 feet or get left behind when we pull out.   Hysterical Laughing

If you don't do that kind of riding it would probably be just fine.  And you're right.  It's certainly a tough look!

Ride Safe,
JC

Please stop the planet.  I would like to get off.
PHAZE
Shop Gopher

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 08:48:16 PM »

Well, it's done.  I made the trade today and took the long way home.  I have no doubt that I'll enjoy this ride!  Thanks for the input all!

iski

Hold your ears folks, it's show time.

My Ride 1:2002 FLHRCI Road King Classic - Vivid Black - Traded

My Ride 2:2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded

My Ride 3:2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded

My Ride 4:2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 06:57:11 AM »

Great looking bike!

"If I could only write, I'd write a nasty letter to the mayor, if he could only read."~A Bug (Pogo)
EBCM 007
1badcvo
Shop Gopher

My Ride 1:2009 cvo fat bob

My Ride 2:2007 sportster 1200L

My Ride 3:2007 FXDL low rider
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 05:53:35 PM »

hey phaze congrats on the bike,i purchased my in aug and i love it,and we got the best color combo,good luck 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: