CVO Garage
October 21, 2018, 10:07:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Garage is accepting donations for upkeep and maintenance.  Click the Donations Menu Tab to help!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rinehart TD's Switched to "Quiet Baffles from "Performance Baffles" NRHS Build  (Read 4870 times)
tom149
Shop Gopher

My Ride 1:06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate 107CI

My Ride 2:98' FATBOY
« on: April 21, 2010, 09:28:42 AM »

Finally Switched to "quiet baffles" from "performance baffles" with my Rinehart True Duals and what a difference!! More area under the torque curve is what I was looking for. 2200 - 4700 rpm over 100 ft/lbs of torque; I feel this is a great torque range for a heavy CVO bagger.

Numbers are lower, but different dyno, different conditions, different operator, and a new tune. He told me that his numbers run about 10% lower than other dynos when he does a comparison which proved out when he did a baseline run on my bike. The numbers were about 10% lower than my previous dyno graph showed. Anyway, here are the two dynos:

1st Dyno Chart is with "performance baffles" - 100 ft/lbs torque @ 3250 rpm

2nd Dyno Chart is with "quiet baffles" - 100 ft/lbs torque @ 2200 rpm
 (Tuned by Wayne @ Mile High Harley, Aurora Colorado).

The "seat of your pants dyno" difference is amazing. Now I have to get used to "short shifting".

I want to thank Steve from GMR for his suggestions regarding the baffle change.

Tom
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 06:34:04 PM by tom149 » Logged

06' FLHTCUSE black candy crimson/slate, 107CI welded and ported TC 88 heads (swapped out SE 103 heads), jugs bored to 3.938, CP 107FT pistons, andrews hydraulic cam conversion kit with 54N cams, Rinehart TD, SE AC, SERT Dyno Tune, clearview recurve shield, detachable tour pak, HW "four in the face"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: