CVO Garage
April 25, 2018, 04:42:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Garage is accepting donations for upkeep and maintenance.  Click the Donations Menu Tab to help!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: rosa's cycles  (Read 2990 times)
1badcvo
Shop Gopher

My Ride 1:2009 cvo fat bob

My Ride 2:2007 sportster 1200L

My Ride 3:2007 FXDL low rider
« on: May 06, 2010, 01:56:19 PM »

hey just wondering has anyone ever dealt with Rosa's cycles in Huntington L.I. looking to have my bike dynotuned and he seemed pretty knowledgeable  on the phone thanks
Hoist!
Monster!
Administrator
Executive QC Service Advisor

HBRRNYC!!!

My Ride 1:'07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED! +++, "CYBIL"!!!

My Ride 2:'99 FXR3, BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, 80" STAGE II EVO 5-SPEED! +++, "JOY"!!!

My Ride 3:'85 FXWG, BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED! +++, CVO STYLE!!!

My Ride 4:'08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR-BASED PRO STREET, BLACK, BOYCE FRAME, HOT 89" EVO 5-SPEED! VERY FAST!!!

My Ride 5:'09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE SOLO BATES SEAT & TIN W/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" STAGE III EVO 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 04:14:10 PM »

hey just wondering has anyone ever dealt with Rosa's cycles in Huntington L.I. looking to have my bike dynotuned and he seemed pretty knowledgeable  on the phone thanks

Andrew's OK from everything I hear. Rich from Huntington uses him. He's good friends with my friends, and we know him from the ECRA Harley Drag Racing days. He races a fast shovel! He uses the PC, but I think he's versed in TTS now. North Shore Motorcycle in Mineola has a dyno and also uses the PC and has gotten pretty good too. East Coast Superbikes is supposed to also be good. Not sure what tuning devices they use though. I have a SERT and don't use any of em. I go to Big Boyz in Maine! Please let us know which way you go and how you like what was done. Thanks and Good luck! Thumbs Up

Hoist! It's Howie

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!!!"

Live Free or Die!!!

Zero Moderation Is Our Goal!!!

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"
1badcvo
Shop Gopher

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 07:12:27 AM »

I guess ill try him, im so disgusted with my bike right now it feels like garbage.Dom did the work (still have the noise i was complaining about) they change cams, lifters,cam plate, oil pump, and he told me to have it dynotune cause it pings mid way thru gear changes,it ran ok, but put some miles on it and it fells like crap! bike use to be so smooth now it feels like theres a slight miss. Dont know if there noise that i hear is detonation or not its been there since new! I run 93 sunnco ulta in it, and the other day i put a gallon and a half of cam 2 100 octane in it just to see if the noise would stop. And it didnt i mean with the cam 2 and the ultra mix it shouldnt ping it only has 9.2 compression. So needless to say im at my wits end.   
Hoist!
Monster!
Administrator

HBRRNYC!!!

My Ride 1:'07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED! +++, "CYBIL"!!!

My Ride 2:'99 FXR3, BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, 80" STAGE II EVO 5-SPEED! +++, "JOY"!!!

My Ride 4:'08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR-BASED PRO STREET, BLACK, BOYCE FRAME, HOT 89" EVO 5-SPEED! VERY FAST!!!

My Ride 5:'09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE SOLO BATES SEAT & TIN W/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" STAGE III EVO 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 07:45:44 AM »

I guess ill try him, im so disgusted with my bike right now it feels like garbage.Dom did the work (still have the noise i was complaining about) they change cams, lifters,cam plate, oil pump, and he told me to have it dynotune cause it pings mid way thru gear changes,it ran ok, but put some miles on it and it fells like crap! bike use to be so smooth now it feels like theres a slight miss. Dont know if there noise that i hear is detonation or not its been there since new! I run 93 sunnco ulta in it, and the other day i put a gallon and a half of cam 2 100 octane in it just to see if the noise would stop. And it didnt i mean with the cam 2 and the ultra mix it shouldnt ping it only has 9.2 compression. So needless to say im at my wits end.  

That sux! Dom said you put back the stock cams. Sorry but I would have used a more "friendlier" cam. Those EPA 255's suck in a 110. 93 octane should be high enough for a properly tuned motor. Was the bike tuned before you did this work? If not, I'd get it tuned. Pinging can usually be tuned out. If it's been tuned before, and you didn't change anything performance wise with the new work, the tune should be fine (if it was fine before that is). I'd bring it back to him if that's the case. Sorry you have this issue. PIA for sure. What tuning device is in the bike right now? Huh?

ADDED: I'll be around this weekend. If you want to meet up to get another eye and ear on it, let me know. I'd be happy to take a look/listen for ya! Wink

Hoist! It's Howie

« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 08:13:11 AM by Hoist! » Logged

Live Free or Die!!!

1badcvo
Shop Gopher

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 10:31:13 AM »

yanno that would be great! The bike wasnt tune before cuz im running a power commander v with an auto tune, and the dealer wouldnt installer any other cams then what came in there oe. Im just so distraught over this cuz that miss or roughness at 2000 rpm wasnt there even when i got the bike back from dom it was smooth until monday now it runs like a bag of s--t!I think i got you # in an email if its ok to give ya a call , let me know what time would be good for you. thanks bud 
Hoist!
Monster!
Administrator

HBRRNYC!!!

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 10:59:02 AM »

yanno that would be great! The bike wasnt tune before cuz im running a power commander v with an auto tune, and the dealer wouldnt installer any other cams then what came in there oe. Im just so distraught over this cuz that miss or roughness at 2000 rpm wasnt there even when i got the bike back from dom it was smooth until monday now it runs like a bag of s--t!I think i got you # in an email if its ok to give ya a call , let me know what time would be good for you. thanks bud 

Call me anytime. I'll PM you my number JIC. If it was smooth when you got it back, sounds like an autotune thing. Not a fan of that myself. I'd ask Andrew to remove the O2 sensors and the Autotune, and install the PC O2 eliminators. The have it properly dyno tuned. It can never change that way. With autotune, you're subject to automatic changes whether you know it or not. Personally, I'd dump that setup. Talk to ya later! Thumbs Up

Hoist! It's Howie

Live Free or Die!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: