CVO Garage
September 23, 2018, 06:59:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Garage is accepting donations for upkeep and maintenance.  Click the Donations Menu Tab to help!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hesitation  (Read 3889 times)
1badcvo
Shop Gopher

My Ride 1:2009 cvo fat bob

My Ride 2:2007 sportster 1200L

My Ride 3:2007 FXDL low rider
« on: June 25, 2010, 06:51:36 AM »

My bike has a hesitation at approx 10% throttle. Its intermiting , does it cold or hot but not all the time. Feels like someone shuts the ignition off for a split second then back on.It does this a few times then goes away. It seems to have started since i accidentally left the key on and the battery died but that shouldn,t have really done anything since the run switch was off. bad Coil? TPS sensor? Anyone ever have this thanks   
J-Carr
AKA: Oscar Diggs
Executive QC Service Advisor

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 06:56:15 AM »

Malinda's Dyna did.  It was a bone stock 96".  She replaced the muffs with 1.75" Rush's and a SE/AC with a SERT.  That took care of it.  I don't know why it started since it didn't have it when she first got the bike.  It had a bit of a flat spot there but that's typical for the dunb ass gearing that HD uses.  Why what she did fixed it I have no idea, but it did.

Since everyone on these sites seems to do these changes ASAP, maybe they all do it and none of us ever realized it.  Wink

Ride Safe,
JC

Please stop the planet.  I would like to get off.
iski

Hold your ears folks, it's show time.

My Ride 1:2002 FLHRCI Road King Classic - Vivid Black - Traded

My Ride 2:2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded

My Ride 3:2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded

My Ride 4:2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 08:07:14 AM »

The new bike had some "dead spots" in the power band & one was coming through about 2,400 rpms or so.  Not every time or all the time but enough to piss me off.  Not sure of throttle position then - believe it was more than 10% but it was annoying as hell.  Went away after the tune/breather/pipes.  My 07 Ultra was similar but it was much more of a dog before the tune/b/p.  So was my 02 RK but it was hesitation at higher rpm.

Yours could be something else - mine was just the crappy factory tune, which is actually a de-tune.

I like pie.
EBCM 007
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

My Ride 1:'07 Cherry Jester
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 09:31:47 AM »

I'm gonna stay tuned about de-tune updates in this thread while  listening to other tunes.

Mine's good at anywhere above idle. I'm not sure if mines like others and I simply don't recognize it or if mines different. I'd side with the latter since, afterall, I'm the Jester Whisperer.

My wife's carbed sporter is notoriously reluctant on throttle response until its good and warm. What a PIA but it feels so old school and is a fun change of pace.

"A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong"
1badcvo
Shop Gopher

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 09:35:34 AM »

the bikes been dyno tune ran great 100hp 120ftlbs tor this just started all of a sudden,its not a flat spot its like the ignition gets interrupted, bike pulls no problem, and its doesnt do it all the time maybe a couple of times during a ride.
Hoist!
Monster!
Administrator

HBRRNYC!!!

My Ride 1:'07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED! +++, "CYBIL"!!!

My Ride 2:'99 FXR3, BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, 80" STAGE II EVO 5-SPEED! +++, "JOY"!!!

My Ride 3:'85 FXWG, BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED! +++, CVO STYLE!!!

My Ride 4:'08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR-BASED PRO STREET, BLACK, BOYCE FRAME, HOT 89" EVO 5-SPEED! VERY FAST!!!

My Ride 5:'09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE SOLO BATES SEAT & TIN W/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" STAGE III EVO 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 09:50:33 AM »

the bikes been dyno tune ran great 100hp 120ftlbs tor this just started all of a sudden,its not a flat spot its like the ignition gets interrupted, bike pulls no problem, and its doesnt do it all the time maybe a couple of times during a ride.

Bad gas? I'd bring it back to Andrew. You had Rosa tune it right? Let him check it out for ya. It's prolly a tuning adjustment. Wink

Hoist! It's Howie

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!!!"

Live Free or Die!!!

Zero Moderation Is Our Goal!!!

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"
1badcvo
Shop Gopher

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 09:21:28 AM »

well i would go with that but it ran fine for over a 1000 miles before this started been thru 3 tanks of gas as well.I know the tune wont change its constant so im at a loss
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: