CVO Garage
April 24, 2019, 01:22:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Garage is accepting donations for upkeep and maintenance.  Click the Donations Menu Tab to help!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Garageaholic Drink Recipes  (Read 3694 times)
J-Carr
AKA: Oscar Diggs
Executive QC Service Advisor

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« on: November 18, 2010, 08:04:03 AM »

Thought I'd try this.  We have a number of alcohol conneiseurs on this site.  And I believe we have beer covered pretty well on the Friday Beer thread.  But I thought maybe some good spirit recomendations and recipes to go with would be cool.  So:

Cabo Wabo tequila.  Yeah it appeared that it would be vanity brand for the Red Rocker but at the first taste Don Cuervo went oh chit seniorita.  This stuff rocks.  It turned me from a person who would only drink tequila after being drunk or burying it in a lime slurpee.  It comes in Blanco, Respado and Anejo.  I can't find a fault with any of the three and tend to switch around depending on my mood.  The best drink recipe I have for it was once called a Waborita but since Sammy sold the company it's now a Caborita.  I still use the Waborita recipe:

2 Oz. Cabo
2 Oz. Lime Juice (Rose's will not cut it.  Squeeze it fresh!)
1 OZ. Tripple Sec
Splash of Blue Caracau

Add the Cabo, lime juice, tripple sec, and a handful of ice to a shaker and shake it up.  Strain into a salt rimmed martini glass and add a splash of blue caracua and garnish with a lime twist.

If this looks familiar, it's becasue it's a Kamakazi recipe with tequila instead of vodka and a different garnish.  I'd advise not trying this with the $15 or cheaper tequilas as it's way to harsh and reminds me of what I always imagined battery acid tasting like.  Go with the Cabo and it's as smooth as silk with a slight sweetness from the tripple sec without being a slushie like most of the frozen tequila mixes.

Ride Safe,
JC

Please stop the planet.  I would like to get off.
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

My Ride 1:'07 Cherry Jester
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 08:09:17 AM »

can't wait to try this.  I love extra tart kamikazis and love tequila even more.  Think I'll sub cointreaux or grand marnier for triple sec.

"A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong"
J-Carr

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 08:13:26 AM »

can't wait to try this.  I love extra tart kamikazis and love tequila even more.  Think I'll sub cointreaux or grand marnier for triple sec.
Let me know how that works Jim.  I loved Kamakazi's but of course drinking them when you are no longer in college is kinda like being the creepy old guy on facebook.  You can get away with it, but jeeze people give you wierd looks.  Hysterical Laughing

Waboritas are smoother but similar.  More kick too!  And it has a cool blue color with my recipe so it helps weed out Star Trek geeks in the area cause they come over and ask if your drinking Romulan Ale.  Hysterical Laughing  Hysterical Laughing  Hysterical Laughing

Ride Safe,
JC

J-Carr

That's what she said

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 08:20:46 AM »

Four Locos gone.  BFD.  Drop a shot of Cabo Blanco into four onces of red bull and you wont get wings.  You'll get a jet engine!  Grin

Ride Safe,
JC

iski

Hold your ears folks, it's show time.

My Ride 1:2002 FLHRCI Road King Classic - Vivid Black - Traded

My Ride 2:2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded

My Ride 3:2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded

My Ride 4:2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 08:24:56 AM »

Good rita  recipe!  Cabo Wabo is GREAT tequilla!

I used to use Triple Sec but got spoiled to Cointreau

and later on started using Patron Citroen when it was on sale almost everywhere a few years back

Some Triple Secs are better than others - have had great luck using the above 2 instead of Triple Sec.

"If I could only write, I'd write a nasty letter to the mayor, if he could only read."~A Bug (Pogo)
EBCM 007
iski

My Ride 2:2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded

My Ride 3:2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded

My Ride 4:2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 08:34:15 AM »

Opinions:
Fresh lime juice best.

Frozen concentrate - next best.

Bottled lime juice - nuh-uh.

On tequilas - 100% Agave only way to go.  Why?  The others use grain alcohol, which can be nasty stuff, depending on the source, and is the cause of monster hangovers due to impurities and such.

Most all of the 100% agave tequilas I have tried have been good - some better than others.   I like the blancos, the anjejos, and the reposados for mixing.  For sipping or shots I like the Silvers or Platinums or the other super premiums.  

Years ago just drank Cuervo Gold & never knew about the better stuff.  Got spoiled on a trip to Mexico on GOOD tequilas & never went back.

There is a brand we also use for mixers - Milagro - that is a good lower priced 100% tequila.  Several varieties of Milagro & all have been ok.

"If I could only write, I'd write a nasty letter to the mayor, if he could only read."~A Bug (Pogo)
EBCM 007
Miker

SoA # 1.77245385

My Ride 1:2009 FLHTCUSE4

My Ride 2:1935 VLD
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 08:35:13 AM »

3 oz Costco anejo in a glass
Wedge of lime
Salt shaker

If you f$#@ers dont know what to do next, yall hopeless muthaf$#@ahs.  Drink

Nevermind
Miker

SoA # 1.77245385

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 08:36:10 AM »

We did start topping off ritas with beer per the great ones suggestion, very good ideer.

Nevermind
iski

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 08:38:32 AM »

Best way to do tequila shots.  Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Saw beer topped ritas at some bar (Outback maybe?) a few years back & tried it & it works great when you want to stretch it or when the gals make those faces & run about looking for water after a too strong rita.

EBCM 007
iski

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 08:41:05 AM »

Hmmmm have not tried the Cosco stuff.  Looking at the bottle & saying hmmmmm...  looks like Milagro prolly.  Will give it a shot, or it will give me a shot.

EBCM 007
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 08:45:54 AM »

3 oz Costco anejo in a glass
Wedge of lime
Salt shaker

If you f$#@ers dont know what to do next, yall hopeless muthaf$#@ahs.  Drink

Flip-off Flip-off Hysterical Laughing Hysterical Laughing Hysterical Laughing Hysterical Laughing Hysterical Laughing Thumbs Up Drink

Posty McPosterson
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2010, 09:10:29 AM »

We did start topping off ritas with beer per the great ones suggestion, very good ideer.

Miker

SoA # 1.77245385

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2010, 09:18:21 AM »

4 Horsemen.

Jimmy, Jack, Johnny and Jose...in a row, last to puke wins the pot.

Nevermind
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 09:21:51 AM »

OK, tried it.  Think I need to cut back on the lime a little.  My drink had the juice from 6 limes in it.  I know, it was big.  The cabo blanko was $34.  The cabo anejo was $47.  Went blanco to show off the blue better from the splash of curacao.  My head hurts, more coffee.......... Tongue

Luca Brasi

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 12:53:44 PM »

Favorite martini we have here in Dago at 1/2 time during football season.

2 shots of Chambourd
4 shots of Raspberry Vodka
8 shots of Sweet/Sour mix

Shaken in martini shaker with ice - - makes several nice martini's (depends on size of glass)

B B

A Brother Is a Brother -If You Can't Live It, Don't Say It !
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: