CVO Garage
April 24, 2019, 12:49:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Garage is accepting donations for upkeep and maintenance.  Click the Donations Menu Tab to help!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Garageaholic Drink Recipes  (Read 3691 times)
J-Carr
AKA: Oscar Diggs
Executive QC Service Advisor

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2016, 11:26:34 AM »

That version of creamer is basically colored fat with some flavoring added.  You could probably come up with a version that would work with curdling or clumping, but I would still experement with real cream first.  I gurantee it will have a better texture and taste and I think the amount of OJ will not be prohibitive.  Can't be sure until we try.

Please stop the planet.  I would like to get off.
iski

Hold your ears folks, it's show time.

My Ride 1:2002 FLHRCI Road King Classic - Vivid Black - Traded

My Ride 2:2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded

My Ride 3:2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded

My Ride 4:2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2016, 01:30:53 PM »

The best add would be heavy cream.  Next half & half, then milk.  Even skim milk is way better than non dairy creamers. Skim would be less likely to curdle, no fat to make a curd.  If you want added flavor, go to the cabinet, add some vanilla. Or vanillin. Or whatever. Non dairy creamer biz - the flavor companies like the ones I worked for sold them a LOT of vanillas & vanilla extenders. Also sold them a lot of weird butter/cream mimics & dairy note flavor booster mimics.   You do not want to know where those things are sourced from, but usage is very small & all are FDA approved.   Multi national companies that import all sorts of crap, sometimes they "forget" & make "mistakes" on some of these products.  In the industry, the old term we used was "floor sweep".

Now that I have ruined  ranted like an idiot  tried unintentionally to mess up an otherwise perfectly good recipe  done my damage  expounded at length on crap about crap, I go to purchase non floating cypress mulch.  For the flower beds.  Not for a cypress flavored beverage.  Grin

"If I could only write, I'd write a nasty letter to the mayor, if he could only read."~A Bug (Pogo)
EBCM 007
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

My Ride 1:'07 Cherry Jester
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2016, 09:44:44 AM »

I know, I know, I'm spending way too much time thinking about this but the latent bartender in me can't drop it. How about a dreamsicle martini?  I'm thinking....

2 parts mandarin vodka
2 parts vanilla vodka
1 part light cream
Splash orange juice for color

Shaken on ice, garnished with orange slice   It's Howie Drink

"A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong"
J-Carr

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2016, 10:40:19 AM »

Hmm, thanks for the thought Jim.  I can try that tonight.  I have both vodkas in the camper and of course OJ.  I just need to pick up the cream when I grab milk at the store.

My guess is that it will be a little bitter.  An addition of simple syrup might be required. I'm also thinking to shake it over ice and then strain. 

I can't make it pretty in the camper either.  We have red solo stemmed cups that are plastic and unbreakable.  No glass in the camper.  But that won't affect flavor.

Stay tuned.

Posty McPosterson
Administrator

« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2016, 11:44:07 AM »

I don't know the first thing about flavored vodkas. I thought they were sweetened.

J-Carr

That's what she said

« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2016, 11:49:08 AM »

I don't know the first thing about flavored vodkas. I thought they were sweetened.
Well, yes and no.  They're not like a Schnapps or anything like that.  The have a bit of sweetness because most of the flavorings are fruit or spice based that are associated with a sweetness.  They work well when added to a sweet mixer.  Simple example, we add the orange vodka to cream soda or the vanilla vodka to orange soda and it gives a bit of a creamsicle taste.  Same proportions as a good old rum and coke.  But to use them without a sweet mixer would leave them a bit odd in my opinion.  Some that wants to be sweet by the taste of it but isn't quite there own its own if that makes sense.

iski

Hold your ears folks, it's show time.

My Ride 1:2002 FLHRCI Road King Classic - Vivid Black - Traded

My Ride 2:2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded

My Ride 3:2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded

My Ride 4:2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2016, 12:37:21 PM »

Popcorn

"If I could only write, I'd write a nasty letter to the mayor, if he could only read."~A Bug (Pogo)
EBCM 007
J-Carr

That's what she said

« Reply #112 on: April 08, 2016, 09:40:07 PM »

Well we have to put the vodka creamsicle martini into the complete fail category.  Started with Jim's ratio and it had no orange flavor and was disgustingly bitter.  I added confectioners sugar as I was just not feeling like making and chilling a simple syrup.  Kind of figure it would be like a Julius.  No joy.  The closest we could get to palatable was 1 part orange vodka, 1 part vanilla vodka, 1 part cream, 3 parts orange juice and 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar.  This ended up with a creamy orange flavor but had an off test and killer bad after taste.  I'm thinking next attempt will be vanilla vodka, orange liquor of some sort (Tripple sec?) simple syrup and a splash of OJ and cream.  Don't have orange liquor with me on this trip so we're on hold.

MIKEYTEE
Supreme Bourbon Judge / Posty look a like # 100

ASSHOLE and PIE go together. Uncle Mikey

My Ride 1:1999 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2016, 10:23:44 PM »

You guys are overthinking this Dreamsicle thing. Follow the recipe and don't try to store it over a week or maybe 2. It has a tendency to morph into a different taste, not bad but not the Dreamsicle you made.
I know from experience.

Mike
 Drink   

A Vote for progress. Vote for Mikeytee for President in 2020. I'm running on both party's ballots!
DM #5,
Proud member American Asshole Party.
J-Carr

That's what she said

« Reply #114 on: April 09, 2016, 06:21:56 AM »

Well, if I had a still and I drank that much and I could handle all that sugar I would.  When we're going to have a party I will.  I was just looking for a single serve make it at the bar recipe and besides. Experimenting is fun.

Twolanerider

My Ride 1:1999 FXR2 (red)

My Ride 2:2000 FLTRSEI (redder)

My Ride 3:2002 FLHRSEI (home made and even redder)

My Ride 4:bought an Indian (hat)
« Reply #115 on: April 09, 2016, 10:36:30 AM »

and besides. Experimenting is fun.

Have tried that line a few times.....
MIKEYTEE

« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2016, 12:15:12 PM »

Making a batch of Dreamsickle to take up to the Outer  Banks on Tuesday. Also hauling Apple Pie and Pineapple.
Mike
 Drink

A Vote for progress. Vote for Mikeytee for President in 2020. I'm running on both party's ballots!
DM #5,
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2016, 04:03:57 PM »

One week in and each 1/2 gal with 1/4c heavy cream has NOT separated or curdled. Jussayin

Making a batch of Dreamsickle to take up to the Outer  Banks on Tuesday. Also hauling Apple Pie and Pineapple.
Mike
 Drink

MIKEYTEE

« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2016, 04:12:48 PM »

I used OJ with pulp and 3 cups of 165 proof shine. I also cut back on the sugar by a half a cup and added an extra 2 tablespoons of french vanilla creamer and a little more vanilla extract. It's resting in the frig for now. May taste it tonight.
Mike
 Drink

DM #5,
MIKEYTEE

« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2016, 01:16:41 PM »

Yesterday I batched up 1-1/2 gallons each of Pineapple and Black Cherry, along with 5 quarts each of Pineapple/Coconut and Watermelon. Today I am cooking and batching 3 gallons of Apple Pie, and tomorrow I will make Dreamsicle. I also will have some blueberry ( already made ). This is my traveling refreshments for Eureka Springs drinking fact finding/drinkingriding, restaurant sampling trip. Ya never know when a heard of wild yaks will attack and you need the tonic to ward them off.  Thumbs Up
Mike
 Drink

DM #5,
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: