CVO Garage
December 18, 2018, 08:34:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Garage is accepting donations for upkeep and maintenance.  Click the Donations Menu Tab to help!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Epic Diners  (Read 14621 times)
J-Carr
AKA: Oscar Diggs
Executive QC Service Advisor

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« on: March 30, 2011, 07:16:30 AM »

Trying something here.  Hopefully it takes off.

I was complaining about a lack of diners.  I know they're still out there, you just need to hunt them down.  So I thought I'd start a thread to list the diners that we think are great.  Past or Present.

Only rule is it has to be a stand alone diner.  Not a restaurant.  Not a chain.

What makes it a diner?  A booth.  If it only has tables it ain't a diner.  A sign that say Please wait to be seated on one side and Please Seat Yourself on the other.  A burger platter or combo on the meny.  No burger platter, no diner.  And a glass fronted refer unit with Pie in it.  No one better then this forum understands the importance of Pie.

So let 'em fly.  Let's see if we can create a list of places to stop in and have real food (But please... do not call it comfort food. Don't even get me started on that stupid name).

Ride Safe,
JC

Please stop the planet.  I would like to get off.
J-Carr

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 07:33:28 AM »

It's called the Starview Diner now and I have no idea if it's any good.  I'm hoping someone will tell me.

30 years ago it was Loupe's Somerdale Diner.  It was where I learned what a diner was and what it should ever be.  I'm depressed as hell that it's not owned by the Loupe family any more but I hope that it's as good.

It had three stand outs for me:

The burger platter.  I have moved and travelled and thanks to the Somerdale Diner I always try a burger platter.  Some day I'll find one that lives up.  This one had the grilled buns.  Butter 'em (Maybe grease... Don't know, don't care), slap 'em on the grill and pull them off just as on spot turns that dark brown color.  Drop a 1/4 pound patty on the bottom that has philly style american chees melted so it's just down enough to map the texture of the ground beef through it.  Place the top half with the rabbit food next to it.  Don't close it up because then you can't open it ride (Cheese is the superglue of food) and add the HEINZ ketchup (If you prefer Hunt's please don't ask to ride with me).  Then the fries.  mmmmm.

The milk shake.  Perfect.  Straw drinkable, but you need to work for it.  When you find a girl who can drink one fast, she's a keeper.  And you can order a black and white and they know what you mean!

Desert.  Now I'm gonna get in trouble here.  Yes they had great pie.  I loved their Cherry Pie.  Tart, but not puckering tart.  Cherryful.  Not gloppy.  Yum.  But their real killer desert was rice pudding.  It was soooo good that I used it as my last ditch effort to avoid moving to PA.  "Dad!  We won't be able to get real rice pudding any more!".  The Loupes felt so bad for me that they gave my mom their recipe.  Seriously.  They cared that much about their customers.

I hope the starview kept their menu and recipes.  One of these days I'll ride down and check it out.

Ride Safe,
JC

Miker

SoA # 1.77245385

My Ride 1:2009 FLHTCUSE4

My Ride 2:1935 VLD
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 07:38:37 AM »

This one retired from Wilkes Barre(?) Pa...24 hour breakfast, full bar makes it in Miami.

http://eleventhstreetdiner.com/

Nevermind
iski

Hold your ears folks, it's show time.

My Ride 1:2002 FLHRCI Road King Classic - Vivid Black - Traded

My Ride 2:2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded

My Ride 3:2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded

My Ride 4:2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 08:13:50 AM »

The one back home is called Julies but have not been there for a while.  Gives me a good excuse to go check it out to see if is still recommendable.

My standard....  In my old hometown, place out of biz now, called Bull Run.  Lunch counter, booths, could have filmed Mels Diner there.  Food was greasy, good, cheap, and the truckers loved it too.  Plastic seats in the booths and GREAT pie!

"If I could only write, I'd write a nasty letter to the mayor, if he could only read."~A Bug (Pogo)
EBCM 007
MIKEYTEE
Supreme Bourbon Judge / Posty look a like # 100

ASSHOLE and PIE go together. Uncle Mikey

My Ride 1:1999 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 08:27:11 AM »

The last diner I remember was in Summerton, SC and is still there but, has moved up the food chain to a restaurant,They still have diner food but have expanded the menu and now have tables.The food is excellent and is still family owned.
Damn, getting hungry.
Mike
 Drink

A Vote for progress. Vote for Mikeytee for President in 2020. I'm running on both party's ballots!
DM #5,
Proud member American Asshole Party.
iski

My Ride 2:2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded

My Ride 3:2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded

My Ride 4:2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 08:38:54 AM »

Easier to find for breakfast than lunch.  Tallys Grill and Old Town Cafe at home are better for breakfast just ok for lunch.

"If I could only write, I'd write a nasty letter to the mayor, if he could only read."~A Bug (Pogo)
EBCM 007
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

My Ride 1:'07 Cherry Jester
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 08:59:40 AM »

My parents owned a diner.  I grew up in the business.  It was a real authentic diner too.  It was all wide open in the front with a long counter to watch the cooking action.  There were at least 20 swivel stools that had jukebox consoles right on the counter.  Most everything was cooked on the flattop but there was a deepfryer for fries.  Beyond the flattop was the window the cook placed the prepared plates for the waitresses in the dining room.  There were 2 warming lights there.  From the counter you could see the large kitchen in the back where Ruth, Ida, and Dorothy made the most amazing pies.  They also made the daily specials that went in to the steam table.  Items like roast turkey and stuffing, meatloaf, stuffed shells......

My 1st job was walking there after school in 6th grade and peeling potatoes.  They came by the truckload on pallets in 50lb bags.  I'd do 3-4 bags on Tuesdays and Thursdays and as many as 10 bags on Sundays.  All the french fries were cut by a hand press that dropped them directly into a 35 gal garbage can.  They were sprinkled with an antioxidant and rinsed with a hose to keep them from turning brown.  By the time I was 13, I graduated to busboy.  I never got a raise from my $1/hr.  I think I was getting something like $10/week.  My Dad paid me from his pocket and I'd blow it on candy and firecrackers.

My parents split up in 1981 and it was sold.  It's now a Burger King.  I wish I had some pictures to post.  All of the waitresses looked and dressed just like Flo.  Good memories.  Thanks for starting this JC.

"A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong"
J-Carr

That's what she said

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 09:32:14 AM »

When my professional life turned to hell (we merged) a year and half ago, I ended up back in Wilkes Barre at one of our new offices for a few days on a project.  The last time I'd been there was in the 80s when I managed a ComputerLand Training Center in Wilkes Barre.  I was looking forward to eating at the old diner, but it was gone.

It's the one you're refering to Mike.

It really was nothing special here in PA, not bad but not worth writing about.  But I guess down there it's become something more.  I know from the pics I've seen of it, it was completely redone on the inside.  If I ever get to Miami again, I'd love to eat there.  Just to see it.

Ride Safe,
JC

J-Carr

That's what she said

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 09:35:30 AM »

My parents owned a diner.  I grew up in the business.  It was a real authentic diner too.  It was all wide open in the front with a long counter to watch the cooking action.  There were at least 20 swivel stools that had jukebox consoles right on the counter.  Most everything was cooked on the flattop but there was a deepfryer for fries.  Beyond the flattop was the window the cook placed the prepared plates for the waitresses in the dining room.  There were 2 warming lights there.  From the counter you could see the large kitchen in the back where Ruth, Ida, and Dorothy made the most amazing pies.  They also made the daily specials that went in to the steam table.  Items like roast turkey and stuffing, meatloaf, stuffed shells......

My 1st job was walking there after school in 6th grade and peeling potatoes.  They came by the truckload on pallets in 50lb bags.  I'd do 3-4 bags on Tuesdays and Thursdays and as many as 10 bags on Sundays.  All the french fries were cut by a hand press that dropped them directly into a 35 gal garbage can.  They were sprinkled with an antioxidant and rinsed with a hose to keep them from turning brown.  By the time I was 13, I graduated to busboy.  I never got a raise from my $1/hr.  I think I was getting something like $10/week.  My Dad paid me from his pocket and I'd blow it on candy and firecrackers.

My parents split up in 1981 and it was sold.  It's now a Burger King.  I wish I had some pictures to post.  All of the waitresses looked and dressed just like Flo.  Good memories.  Thanks for starting this JC.
Wow... This is like finding out one of your friends is the son of a rock star.  A real honest to goodness diner owner's kid.  No wonder you're such a good chef.  It's in your blood!  What a shame it's a Burger King.  Even if it wouldn't be in your family any more, it would be nice if it was still a diner.

Ride Safe,
JC

Luca Brasi

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 12:21:07 PM »

I'm a diner snob. It ain't a diner if it ain't one of those old pleated stainless steel interior railroad looking car affairs. Everything else is just a Mom and Pop place. Coupple of real diners in Maine. The Miss Portland and the Miss Brunswick - for some reason they're all Miss something or other. Both are laid out as Jim decribes his folks place and the food is greasy and great.

B B

A Brother Is a Brother -If You Can't Live It, Don't Say It !
iski

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 12:53:09 PM »

Anybody watch the show called Diners, Drive Ins, & Dives?  Have eaten in some of the ones they have shown.  Usually they are good & original.

A little off topic but sort of close - several riding friends have asked me to take them on a BBQ riding tour of Texas.  Just happens that some of the best BBQ joints in the state are also on some of the best riding roads in the Hill Country.  Not sure when it will happen but hope to get to it in the next year or 3.

To me it's not a REAL BBQ joint unless there is a galvanized horse trough or something similar iced down with long neck beer and/or sodas.  Where I live, in the Buggy Jungle, there is no such thing...

EBCM 007
Miker

SoA # 1.77245385

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 01:04:08 PM »

We are lucky to have McCray's..he has been slingin porcine delights out of a trailer on 45th street and I95 for years, always great..sticky nasty picnic tables and diesel fumes...

The family is going to open a sit down with air conditionin an everyting, prolly have rest rooms too, sure will be good...

Southern southern bbq..collards n black eyed peas with corn bread cooked by ethnic folks.

Nevermind
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 01:07:36 PM »

When I'm riding with friends I ALWAYS look for a little hole in the wall diner where the locals go, in towns so small they barely have a reason for a speed zone.  I'm never disappointed.  It's always a little diner with a worn out floor, and a slamming screen door.  There's a place around the corner from me called Jonie's Chat and Chew.  Counter holds 4 or so.  5 more tables for guests.  It's all one room and you have to get your own coffee.  Jonie works the grill and takes the orders from behind the counter.  It's exactly the kind of place I look for when out riding.

On the way to York I found one about an hour north of town.  Had an unforgetable egg sandwich with hotsauce.  On the way back from BB's a couple summers ago I found one in a tiny village between Albany and Syracuse just north of the Catskills.  When I came out admiring my full belly, the morning chill, and the warming sun an Amish buggy went by.

The last time I saw Bakrds we met at a tiny diner he likes to go to 45 minutes south of Rochester and we spent the whole day riding around the Finger Lakes.  The food always seems to taste better when you get there on a bike.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/42/460983/restaurant/Buffalo/Joanies-Chat-Chew-Alden
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 01:10:19 PM by Jester Whisperer » Logged

Hoist!
Monster!
Administrator

HBRRNYC!!!

My Ride 1:'07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED! +++, "CYBIL"!!!

My Ride 2:'99 FXR3, BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, 80" STAGE II EVO 5-SPEED! +++, "JOY"!!!

My Ride 3:'85 FXWG, BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED! +++, CVO STYLE!!!

My Ride 4:'08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR-BASED PRO STREET, BLACK, BOYCE FRAME, HOT 89" EVO 5-SPEED! VERY FAST!!!

My Ride 5:'09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE SOLO BATES SEAT & TIN W/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" STAGE III EVO 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 03:45:39 PM »

Another NYC staple-DINERS! Mostly all owned by Greeks and are pretty much everywhere. Still some SS jobs around too. The new thing is bringing back them retro style places in Manhattan. Usually yuppie puke holes or trendy theme places, but some are pretty good. But there's no shortage of them here if ya like diners. Personally, I pretty much only use em for breakfast.

Speaking of breakfast, one thing we ain't got here-WAFFLE HOUSE!!! I love them joints! And pretty much no grits here almost anywhere either! But you can get almost ANY kinda food here if ya know where to go. You can pretty much get most ANYTHING you'll find throughout the world, food or otherwise, in NYC! Wink

Hoist! It's Howie

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!!!"

Live Free or Die!!!

Zero Moderation Is Our Goal!!!

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"
iski

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2011, 03:55:37 PM »

Waffle House!  The best diner chain - greasy, cheap, good bfast, always tell ya hi when you walk in.

In general the Greeks run a lot of the best indie restaurants left - my opinion.  From diners to good spots can think of quite a few in FL.

EBCM 007
Luca Brasi

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2011, 04:56:35 PM »

My favorite southern chain breakfast place is Huddle House. They do this thing with eggs scrambled with hashbrowns and then covered with sausage gravy that is just so freakin good ( and deadly too I suspect)

B B

hogasm
Service Advisor

If we can't ride...then let's go fishing

My Ride 1:04 SEEG STOCK!!!

My Ride 2:02 FLHTC slightly modified
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2011, 06:02:01 PM »

In Newport News Va there was a diner called "Blue Star"

don't know if they are still open or not

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
---------------------------------------------------
WWW.K9CARRIAGE.COM
J-Carr

That's what she said

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 07:01:22 AM »

I can't believe I forgot this one:

Southeast Harley Davidson, just east of Cleveland, Ohio.  They're in an old grocery store and they've done a great job with it.  They setup the motorclothes area like an old town street with the hat store, the boot store, etc.  It's not all that way, but enough to give it a neat vibe.

At the head of the street is an old diner car that they brought inside.  It has 6 booths and a counter.  Outside the diner car they made a bunch more booths to look like old 50s style cars.  Very cool.  Inside the diner they cook on the grill behind the counter.  I've been there twice and the next time I ride out to Milwaukee or Sandusky I'll stop again.  First time there I had the grilled cheese platter.  Second time I had the burger platter.  Diner food done right!

http://www.southeastharley.com/

Living not far from Mike's Famous I was a bit hestitant to try the restaurant in the Harley Dealer.  Mikes in New Castle is OK but very overpriced (Overpriced and Mike's Famous are synonyms).  Mike's in New Smyrna is lousy and overpriced.  But that little diner in Southeast Harley is great diner grub at a very reasonable price.

Ride Safe,
JC

MIKEYTEE
Supreme Bourbon Judge / Posty look a like # 100

ASSHOLE and PIE go together. Uncle Mikey

My Ride 1:1999 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 01:35:03 PM »

In Newport News Va there was a diner called "Blue Star"

don't know if they are still open or not

I had forgotten about that place. Check and see if it is still there. If it is we will have to go there Labor Day weekend. Breakfast at The Blue Star and lunch at What-A-Burger!
Yum!!!
Mike
 Drink

A Vote for progress. Vote for Mikeytee for President in 2020. I'm running on both party's ballots!
DM #5,
Proud member American Asshole Party.
vazhog
Master Mechanic

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2011, 02:00:36 PM »

This place may to your liking, We are located about 15 miles from it and it's also about 25 miles from the Skyline parkway (rt211) exit where the parkway joins up to become the blueridege parkway.

http://www.choppedonion.com/id133.html

Frost Dinner (in warrenton Va) It's still a Diner !

If you travling around this summer look us up  Grin

Reminder Heath Insurance -is NOT Health Care - Hope you can find a Doctor that accepts it.
FDAXE
Service Advisor

"The shortest distance is a waste of time"

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2011, 08:41:46 PM »

5 minutes from my house.

The Roadside Diner has been in existence since the 1940s and features a chrome exterior and old fashioned accompaniments such as a rotary phone and AM radio for a true retro experience. The current owner has been there for 11 years, and the diner has been featured in a Bruce Springsteen video and on the cover of a Bon Jovi album. The diner features 22 different types of omeletes, including a special healthy option and has eight different types of hamburgers. Other menu highlights include the blueberry pancakes and the signature tuna melt. There is a long counter and booths to accommodate diners. There also is a green dinosaur sculpture made out of car parts on the side of the diner.
iski

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2011, 06:32:21 AM »

Used to be diners in FL called Angels.  All in old railroad car looking buildings.  A few of them are still around, under other names.  Reminds me of eating in the old dining cars.

EBCM 007
J-Carr

That's what she said

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2011, 07:22:40 AM »

I never realized that the same diner was used in the Crossroads album cover and the "Girls in their Summer Clothes" video.  Which I should've since I'm from New Jersey and love both bands.  Thanks Axe!  I learned something new today.

I like those place Mike.  It wasn't a diner per say, but we did have a sort of railroad car restaurant when I was a wee tyke.  It was called the Grand Coach Grill.  Only part of it was like a dining car.  The rest was a normal restaurant.  Lot's of red velvet.  That's about all I remember.  I Googled it, but like the rest of my youth and most of my memory, it's gone.  I found a postcard of the place online though.

Ride Safe,
JC

iski

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2011, 12:04:33 PM »

JC - another place that used a REAL RR dining car - at least 1 in TX - was Victoria's Station.  Long gone, they served a GREAT prime rib at a moderate price.  Used to go there all the time.  This was back when Steak & Ale was expanding & there were some proprietors giving folks alternatives to the S & A franchise.  The place was no diner (too fancy), but I wish I could find a prime rib like that for a comparable price these days.  

EBCM 007
CVOJOE
Lube Specialist

My Ride 1:2003 Screaming Eagle Road King ((SOLD))
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2011, 11:08:10 PM »

http://retroroadmap.com/2010/06/01/the-new-ideal-diner-aberdeen-md-you-are-my-ideal/

New Ideal Diner on Hwy 40 - Aberdeen, MD went there as a kid and later returned when I was in the re-education camp (U of MD) not too far away. Originally owned by Greeks, and still good quality food. Not many diners where you can get crabcakes that are fresh.  Thumbs Up
J-Carr

That's what she said

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2011, 07:30:05 AM »

I'll try that one Joe.  I'm only a few hours from Aberdeen and it's a nice ride down there for me.  Thumbs Up

Ride Safe,
JC

Luca Brasi

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2011, 11:56:08 AM »

Not a Diner in the sense that I mentioned the old dining car style but Guidi's Diner in Westbrook Maine puts out a really great breakfast. Great homefries - - and I mean homefries and not boiled potatoes waved over the grill, mafia toast (Italian bread grilled) and an Italian omelette that is to die for. Anyone comes UPTA CAMP for a visit this summer we'll have to ride on down to Westbrook for breakfast

B B

Hogbreath
Master Mechanic

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2011, 07:47:51 PM »

The Anchor Bar, Buffalo NY! Awesome food, beer and friends.
Luca Brasi

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2011, 10:08:32 AM »

Hi Ken
         Been too long since I saw you last. How are you doing ?

Brian

Posty McPosterson
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2011, 07:39:18 AM »

The Anchor Bar, Buffalo NY! Awesome food, beer and friends.

Great to see you Ken!  Our plans to attend ribfest are slowly coming together!

Back on topic, I don't know how I forgot to mention this place, the Lake Effect Diner, it's on Main St. in Buffalo about 5 miles north of the Anchor Bar.  It's the only rail car diner in the area.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoeTagnMtV4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoeTagnMtV4</a>

Hogbreath
Master Mechanic

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2011, 08:24:59 AM »

Hi Ken
         Been too long since I saw you last. How are you doing ?

Brian

Hey Brian,

I'm doing well. I'm still here, just being quiet for the most part.
Luca Brasi

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2011, 01:50:28 PM »

Hey Brian,

I'm doing well. I'm still here, just being quiet for the most part.

Not sure what you're riding these days. Sorry I haven't kept up if you're two or three bikes down the road from the one you had when I visited with you and the Memphis crew.

B B

Posty McPosterson
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2011, 01:56:13 PM »

Not sure what you're riding these days. Sorry I haven't kept up if you're two or three bikes down the road from the one you had when I visited with you and the Memphis crew.

B B

I have the skinny on that......

still have the orange/black v-rod from TC
still have the 09 SERG that now has the Jim's 131 from the black Jester
The 09 SEUC (from avatar) was traded for for a Rio Red SERGU (2011)

Pretty sure I got that right......

Luca Brasi

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2011, 02:21:42 PM »

I have the skinny on that......

still have the orange/black v-rod from TC
still have the 09 SERG that now has the Jim's 131 from the black Jester
The 09 SEUC (from avatar) was traded for for a Rio Red SERGU (2011)

Pretty sure I got that right......

Okey dokey then - - next question.
How far off the beaten path from CA to MS is Clinton KY ?

B B

J-Carr

That's what she said

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2011, 02:31:25 PM »

B B
http://maps.google.com

About yay far.

It's on the way to ME from MS depending on your route.

Ride Safe,
JC

Posty McPosterson
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2011, 02:40:26 PM »

Looks like only an inch or so.

J-Carr

That's what she said

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2011, 02:43:32 PM »

Looks like only an inch or so.
Try changing your screen resolution Jim.  You can get it down to about 2 mils.

Give or take a pixel.

Hysterical Laughing

Ride Safe,
JC

Hogbreath
Master Mechanic

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2011, 04:16:45 PM »

B B

Depends on which part of MS you're going to. Memphis is on the TN/MS border. I'm about 150 miles due North of Memphis.
Luca Brasi

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2011, 04:32:17 PM »

Depends on which part of MS you're going to. Memphis is on the TN/MS border. I'm about 150 miles due North of Memphis.

Will be heading to Bubba_T's place in Moss Point Mississippi.

I guess it looks like I'd be 500 miles north of there going past you.

B B

Hogbreath
Master Mechanic

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2011, 07:18:47 AM »

Will be heading to Bubba_T's place in Moss Point Mississippi.

I guess it looks like I'd be 500 miles north of there going past you.

B B

You should swing by KY for Ribfest.

RibFest 2011Make your plans to attend the 5th annual HogBreathís RibFest May 18th through May 21th.

Itís not JUST about Ribs. Itís also about motorcycles, the rides, the friendships and the BS.

Dress Codes: Anyone wearing a suit and tie will be banned. Bib overalls are a better choice.

The next few posts will outline accommodations, planned rides, and a list of attendees. If you have any questions, feel free to ask it here or PM me. If you decide to attend, please contact me or drop a line in this thread so I can get you on the list.
Hogbreath
Master Mechanic

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2011, 07:27:42 AM »

Great to see you Ken!  Our plans to attend ribfest are slowly coming together!

Was good to see you Jim. Glad you can make it to RibFest.

BTW, I walked outside to smoke with Karen, and evidently I had food on my face. She gave me a spit bath.  Huh? I haven't had one of those since Dad used to give em to me when I was a youngster. He'd grab his hanky, spit on it, grab me by the hair, and clean my face to the point he rubbed my skin off.
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2011, 07:47:35 AM »

Was good to see you Jim. Glad you can make it to RibFest.

BTW, I walked outside to smoke with Karen, and evidently I had food on my face. She gave me a spit bath.  Huh? I haven't had one of those since Dad used to give em to me when I was a youngster. He'd grab his hanky, spit on it, grab me by the hair, and clean my face to the point he rubbed my skin off.

She must like you.  That's her sign of affection.  I've never had one.  Hysterical Laughing Banging Head on Wall

Miker

SoA # 1.77245385

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2011, 08:02:12 AM »

Hysterical Laughing

Nevermind
Posty McPosterson
Administrator