CVO Garage
July 15, 2018, 07:58:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Garage is accepting donations for upkeep and maintenance.  Click the Donations Menu Tab to help!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anchor Bar  (Read 2071 times)
Posty McPosterson
Administrator
Executive QC Service Advisor

My Ride 1:'07 Cherry Jester
« on: April 04, 2011, 07:24:19 PM »

I just returned from the Anchor Bar, home of the original "Buffalo Wings" with my lovely wife, Karen. It turns out our very own Hog Breath, Jester Decor, GH and his bride Rocky were in town for a Buddy Guy concert and were staying in Canada. I haven't been there since Hoist, Binx, and DirtyK9 went with me in 09. They do a great job. Be sure to try the antipasto with the wings.

"A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong"
J-Carr
AKA: Oscar Diggs

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 07:43:13 AM »

That's one of the things we want to hit while we're up there this summer.  I love wings and figure I ought to try the original.

Ride Safe,
JC

Please stop the planet.  I would like to get off.
Hogbreath
Master Mechanic

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 07:52:12 PM »

Awesome wings!!

I've been on a 4 day drunk and blues run. My boss is going to be tough whenever I get back. How do the sober people do it?
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 07:36:33 AM »

I want to blow the dust off this thread and post this list of the top wing joints in the country. 2 Buffalo area places made the list and I have to agree with both. I've been to BarBill as recently as last month and in typical small town fashion my cousin is a waitress there. Hopefully there's a place from this list near you.

http://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/the-21-best-chicken-wing-restaurants-in-america

Posty McPosterson
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 10:41:21 AM »

Buffalo created a wing trail last week. Murphy and I have been to three of them together. Only one on the bikes.

http://buffalowingtrail.com

iski

Hold your ears folks, it's show time.

My Ride 1:2002 FLHRCI Road King Classic - Vivid Black - Traded

My Ride 2:2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded

My Ride 3:2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded

My Ride 4:2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 12:09:31 PM »

Good thread idea, maybe can find some good ones.  Thumbs Up

Dismal stuff here.  Chains mostly on wings.  None of them to me are worth the trip - I get sandwiches & burgers at our wing places.  Among the worst is a new one called Island Wings.  Baked chicken wings.  Not good, not awful, just bleh.  Of the national chains, Hooters is the worst.  Regional worst is Beef O'Bradys - several have been closed for health violations lately.

We get wings at the grocery store - spicy, not wet, fried.  No sauce.  Best in town by far, usually $10 for 20 wings & their wings are large sized.

I like pie.
EBCM 007
J-Carr
AKA: Oscar Diggs

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 01:06:03 PM »

I hate to say it but the best wings in my area are on the buffet in the all things to everyone grocery store chain wegmans. Sometimes we get a local restaurant that has really good wings. And then they get chitty. I donít know if itís laziness or the cooks change or what. But every time I think Iíve found a wing place...bleh. Hard rock marbles in spicy glue paste. At least wegmans has been consistent. One caveat. You have to get them before two. After that they may have been sitting too long. Late morning through lunch the high turnover keeps them fresh.

Please stop the planet.  I would like to get off.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: