CVO Garage
May 24, 2018, 12:47:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Garage is accepting donations for upkeep and maintenance.  Click the Donations Menu Tab to help!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TP Lid Liner Fix  (Read 2338 times)
J-Carr
AKA: Oscar Diggs
Executive QC Service Advisor

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« on: July 02, 2012, 10:23:40 AM »

I've had an ongoing problem.  The frickin lid liner on the hard tour pak will not stay attached to the lid.  I've added more velcro.  I've tried head liner adheasive.  I've tried a dab of silicone.  I've tried cursing it into submission.  As soon as it gets hot.  The liner falls out.

So, before last weeks trip to Sea Isle City, NJ I removed the bolts that hold the luggage rack on.  I drilled cooresponding holes into the lid liner and then added bolt covers in place of the outer most washer.  So it now goes rack, lid, stock plastic washer, lid liner, bolt cover, bolt.  This allowed me to hold the liner in with the four luggage rack bolts.  They're long enough to go through as long as you compress the area just a bit.  It's molded for the bolt to fit under and we're now making it go over.  Still, after completing it, it looks factory.  And the damn lid liner has stayed up for 500 miles in the heat and humidity.  No leaks or rattles in the TP either so the bolts are holding the rack posts down tight.

Couch Jumper  Thumbs Up

Ride Safe,
JC

Please stop the planet.  I would like to get off.
hogasm
Service Advisor

If we can't ride...then let's go fishing

My Ride 1:04 SEEG STOCK!!!

My Ride 2:02 FLHTC slightly modified
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 06:30:21 PM »

mine has been like that since 04

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
---------------------------------------------------
WWW.K9CARRIAGE.COM
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

My Ride 1:'07 Cherry Jester
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 07:39:45 PM »

The man's a genious!  That'll never fall now. Now I know what to do in the inevitable event of mine sagging. Fingers crossed, secure so far.

"A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong"
J-Carr
AKA: Oscar Diggs

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 06:33:06 AM »

I didn't know the leather versions had a liner.  Which made me realize, I've never actually even opened the leather tour pak on the older CVOs.

Ride Safe,
JC

Please stop the planet.  I would like to get off.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: