CVO Garage
March 22, 2018, 04:34:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Garage is accepting donations for upkeep and maintenance.  Click the Donations Menu Tab to help!
   Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Author Topic: Holy crap an actual bike thread  (Read 10849 times)
Service Advisor

If we can't ride...then let's go fishing

My Ride 1:04 SEEG STOCK!!!

My Ride 2:02 FLHTC slightly modified
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2015, 06:20:10 AM »

a week has gone by...... WTF you gonna do to da scooter Huh?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
AKA: Oscar Diggs
Executive QC Service Advisor

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2015, 06:01:27 AM »

I'm going to talk to my son tonight about his interest in the bike in about 10 years when we retire to a toy hauler 5th wheel.  As long as he has some interest in keeping the bike in the family I'm going to do an engine freshen up this year and the suspension refresh next year.  If the 2016 RG Ultra (Non CVO) really grabs me when I see it I may buy one at the end of the model year.  If I do then I will wait a year on the suspension.

If the kid doesn't have any interest I will not make any decisions until next summer when I figure out if I'm going to a new bike or not.  Manufacturer to be determined.

Ultimately I love the idea of this bike becoming a family heirloom.  But we WILL retire to a camper.  So one bike for her and one bike for me.   Before I invest money in this one, I need to know its going to stay around for another 5 years minimum.  So I'll need to review what's out there with the three American options and then make my decision.  If I know that even if I see something that I fall for, Nemo will still be a family bike then its fine for me to spend the money on it.

As to the specifics of what I will do?  I think I'm planning on doing everything that's been suggested in this thread plus jugs and pistons if they look warn.  Crank run-out will be checked and if that needs done than obviously I'm going with something stronger then what comes stock.  I believe S&S has a welded version that's pretty reliable?  I'll obviously get opinions before I do it.

The one thing that will disappoint everyone is I will not be hot rodding the motor.  I just don't care about horsepower.  I don't ride that way.  Its fine that others do.  I just love to cruise.  I hate flying.  Which is funny because I get accused of being one of the fast guys a lot.  But while I'm not sunday grandpa, I'm certainly never going to get an invite to any version of the Hell Riders clubs.  So a pretty close to stock 110 is just fine with me.

Please stop the planet.  I would like to get off.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Jump to: