CVO Garage
July 18, 2018, 09:17:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Garage is accepting donations for upkeep and maintenance.  Click the Donations Menu Tab to help!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dry aged steaks  (Read 13644 times)
Posty McPosterson
Administrator
Executive QC Service Advisor

My Ride 1:'07 Cherry Jester
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2016, 11:09:13 AM »

ready for the oven....  475 degrees for 25 mins

"A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong"
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

My Ride 1:'07 Cherry Jester
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2016, 11:11:32 AM »

I made a sauce for the pizza for when it came out.  It was basically A1, mayo, and oregano.  Of the steak sub challenge I'm doing, so far, the best one had a similar sauce

"A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong"
J-Carr
AKA: Oscar Diggs

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2016, 04:06:24 PM »

Really looks great Jim.  You might want to try sauteing the onions first and then add them to the pizza with the A1 sauce.  That's how they typically do it when you're getting a non-philly.  If you're getting a philly they cook the onions with the meat but they're usually carmalized to... well carmel.  lol.  gives it a sweeter taste then they'd get from the amount they're baked on top of a pizza.

Please stop the planet.  I would like to get off.
Hogbreath
Master Mechanic

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2016, 08:25:19 PM »

OK, I just remembered that I did take a pic of the steak pile.  I got 6 very large steaks, enough for 1 steak to 2 people and sliced about a third of it very thin.  Some of it went on a steak pizza since we were discussing that.  I even put sesame seeds on the crust.  It was a white pizza with fresh steamed baby spinach, sliced tomatoes, lots of onion, pickled cherry peppers, mushrooms, and several types of italian white cheeses.  I took 4 of the steaks to Hogbreath's two weeks ago and between the four of us, we didn't even eat two.

I et the ones you left. Delicious!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: