CVO Garage
July 15, 2018, 07:42:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Garage is accepting donations for upkeep and maintenance.  Click the Donations Menu Tab to help!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whatcha cookin?  (Read 48973 times)
MIKEYTEE
Supreme Bourbon Judge / Posty look a like # 100
Executive QC Service Advisor

ASSHOLE and PIE go together. Uncle Mikey

My Ride 1:1999 Road Glide Ultra
« on: January 12, 2016, 11:02:54 AM »

As a good many of us do a lot of cooking, I thought we could use a thread about what we are cooking.
Mike 
 Drink

A Vote for progress. Vote for Mikeytee for President in 2020. I'm running on both party's ballots!
DM #5,
Proud member American Asshole Party.
MIKEYTEE

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 11:07:44 AM »

Since we are having a cold  ( for us down here  ) spell, I am making big old pot of chili.
Mike
 Drink

A Vote for progress. Vote for Mikeytee for President in 2020. I'm running on both party's ballots!
DM #5,
iski

Hold your ears folks, it's show time.

My Ride 1:2002 FLHRCI Road King Classic - Vivid Black - Traded

My Ride 2:2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded

My Ride 3:2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded

My Ride 4:2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 01:53:11 PM »

Found a Texas style sausage - the beef greasy drippy kind - in our local market a while back.  Guy was there doing a demo a few weeks ago, old San Antonio meat company about 100 years old.  Split one, pan seared it, good sammich for lunch.  Reminds me of 50 years ago.  Or 40 years ago.  Or 20 years ago.   Grin

Roast is in the oven for tonight. Beef.  Wife will add taters & carrots & stuff later.

I like pie.
EBCM 007
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

My Ride 1:'07 Cherry Jester
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 02:08:42 PM »

I can't post anything today since I've only had coffee and weak tea so far. Over the weekend I made mozzarella stuffed beef and sausage meatballs with lots of garlic and parsley. They were fried 1/2 way in butter then placed in a crock of chunky marinara with big chunks of onions. It made a fantastic spaghetti sauce and I'd kill for a meatball parm on a crusty roll with provolone, Asiago, and regiano about now.  There's a bunch left in the fridge. It'll have to wait until tomorrow.

"A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong"
MIKEYTEE

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 02:43:13 PM »

I can't post anything today since I've only had coffee and weak tea so far. Over the weekend I made mozzarella stuffed beef and sausage meatballs with lots of garlic and parsley. They were fried 1/2 way in butter then placed in a crock of chunky marinara with big chunks of onions. It made a fantastic spaghetti sauce and I'd kill for a meatball parm on a crusty roll with provolone, Asiago, and regiano about now.  There's a bunch left in the fridge. It'll have to wait until tomorrow.

When you go tomorrow, ask the doctor if he is the rear admiral. I did that on my first colonoscopy. then on my next one , with same doctor, I didn't say anything just saluted him when he walked in. I thought he was going to choke laughing.
After the procedure enjoy your meatball parm on that crusty roll. And the music you will be playing.
Mike
 Drink

DM #5,
J-Carr
AKA: Oscar Diggs

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 03:23:39 PM »

Seafood salad tonight.  Like salad with some leftover shrimp, crab (store bought) and chunk fish.  Just keeping it simple.  Working for a living means simple meals most week nights.  Lack of colonoscopy means solid food.  However, I'm due this year.  So my time is going to come.

Please stop the planet.  I would like to get off.
murphy

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 03:41:20 PM »

Wifey and I just had wings, rings and soup at Gabriel's Gate in Buffalo after stocking up on Powerball tickets, no invite for Posty this time, I didn't want the lunch convo to focus on his anus.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 03:57:45 PM by murphy » Logged
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 03:59:35 PM »

Both y'all     Flip-off

iski

My Ride 2:2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded

My Ride 3:2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded

My Ride 4:2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 06:56:59 PM »

Coupons for 3 free meals for 2 came in the mail today from the Roadhouse restaurant that ignored the wife's birthday.  Looks like steak in our future.  Couch Jumper

The recovery room at the digestive clinic where we have colonoscopies sounds like the campfire bean scene in Blazing Saddles.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPIP9KXdmO0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPIP9KXdmO0</a>

I like pie.
EBCM 007
MIKEYTEE

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 12:09:06 PM »

Panko encrusted baked chicken breast with Parmesan/Ranch roasted small red potatoes and fried okra. Also yeast rolls to round out the meal. Maybe even some of my Apple Pie over ice cream for dessert.
Mike
 Drink

DM #5,
J-Carr
AKA: Oscar Diggs

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 01:29:50 PM »

Yesterday was sweet and sour chicken, stir fry veggies and an egg roll.  I made everything but the egg roll.  That was a store bought fry and serve item.

Today is going to be grilled chicken chef's salad to use up the rest of the lettuce and chicken from the last two night's meals.  Tomorrow will be Kielbasa sandwiches.  Thinking if doing it sliced with cheese and peppers mixed in and some pierogi' son the side.  A real PA block party treat.

Those of you not from this area will have to google all that.  But basically it's smoke sausage sandwich and potato and cheese ravioli.

Please stop the planet.  I would like to get off.
iski

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2016, 02:33:04 PM »

Pan seared teriyaki sausages for lunch.  Not sure yet on dinner but may be a teriyaki beef concoction. Am stuck on a theme for today.

Am looking a making an iron skillet lasagna in a few days with ricotta, spinach, beef & 2-3 other cheeses.  Usually we do this in the oven but lately like cooking stuff in iron skillets.  Started with cornbread years ago & breakfasts & has expanded to much more since.  Heavy but easy to clean & even cooking.

I like pie.
EBCM 007
MIKEYTEE

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2016, 07:41:43 PM »

I got a new 15" cast iron deep skillet for Christmas ( I bought it for myself ). I had a 10" and a 12" but they are really too small to really cook certain meals. Now I'm in iron skillet heaven. Used to have a dutch oven but some how it disappeared. May buy myself one for my birthday or for Valentines day. Have fried chicken and bacon in the new CIS. Love it long time!
Mike
 Drink 

DM #5,
iski

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2016, 11:24:31 PM »

Great gift!

A neighbor gave us a 15" cast iron Cracker Barrel skillet (deep) about 20 years ago.  We had several smaller sizes (Lodge 8. 10, 12) already but not a set. Some were my grandmother's & could be as much as 100 years old, we really have no idea since they get handed down in the family. We have had them for 40 years & they were very old when we got them. Other friends are moving & getting rid of stuff due to less space in their new condo, including the sizes we did not have.  We now have a complete cast iron skillet set, most every size including a very handy square one that gets used a lot.  I have 3 dutch ovens in cast iron, 1 camp style with legs & a recessed lid with edge for coals for an outdoor fire, the other 2 - large & medium - are for outdoors or indoor oven but no legs. We use a rectangle cast iron griddle on the center stove burner for all sorts of stuff for breakfast.  Have a couple of cornbread Lodge cast iron corn bread makers we rarely use - ear of corn shape & cactus shaped. Also have some tiny cast iron skillets I use for melting butter & are used as spoon holders.  Bought a nice little 3.5" flat one over Christmas for our kitchen, gets used more than we thought it would. Found some as used stuff long time back at flea markets for very cheap, some was surface rusted but all was easy to restore.

My mom at 85 has trouble lifting things, guess there may come a day when we switch back to stainless because this is heavy stuff but it cooks great & is super easy to clean.

I like pie.
EBCM 007
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2016, 06:32:18 AM »

While everyone was rationing steel during WWII the Iski's were the Texan versions of hoarders. I grew up using cast iron cookware. The proper techniques were a culinary mystery and things like scrambled eggs were an exercise in futility. Now that I've read about proper seasoning, cleaning, and preheating I can't be bothered. I treat Teflon like disposable cookware and it gets recycled every 4-6 years. The only pan I have any attachment to is the 14". That's made a lot of memorable meals and maple syrup too. I like the idea of skillet corn bread but make it so infrequently it's not worth having a dedicated can. (Now I think I'll make corn bread today, anyone else use creamed corn in theirs?)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: