CVO Garage
December 18, 2018, 08:26:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Garage is accepting donations for upkeep and maintenance.  Click the Donations Menu Tab to help!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Geno's and Pat's in Philly  (Read 11638 times)
Hoist!
Monster!
Administrator
Executive QC Service Advisor

HBRRNYC!!!

My Ride 1:'07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED! +++, "CYBIL"!!!

My Ride 2:'99 FXR3, BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, 80" STAGE II EVO 5-SPEED! +++, "JOY"!!!

My Ride 3:'85 FXWG, BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED! +++, CVO STYLE!!!

My Ride 4:'08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR-BASED PRO STREET, BLACK, BOYCE FRAME, HOT 89" EVO 5-SPEED! VERY FAST!!!

My Ride 5:'09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE SOLO BATES SEAT & TIN W/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" STAGE III EVO 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2010, 11:03:29 AM »

Been meaning to go down and compare both myself! But since they're both so commercial now, there's gotta be a BETTER place than the both of em, that only the locals know about! What place is that Jeff?!!! Roll Eyes Thumbs Up Wink

Hoist! It's Howie

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!!!"

Live Free or Die!!!

Zero Moderation Is Our Goal!!!

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"
J-Carr
AKA: Oscar Diggs

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 11:15:26 AM »

I know I'm not Jeff, but I can tell you that I've always loved Tony Luke's.  http://www.tonylukes.com/

The best Cheesesteak I ever ate was from a place in New Jersey called Pizza City.  They we're in a strip mall off of Evesham Road in Magnolia where I grew up.  I have no idea if they're even around anymore since I haven't been back since the 80s.  And if they are there, the odds are it's all changed by now.

Ride Safe,
JC

Please stop the planet.  I would like to get off.
Miker

SoA # 1.77245385

My Ride 1:2009 FLHTCUSE4

My Ride 2:1935 VLD
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 11:41:32 AM »

Mr Z's in Key West, the best...especially when you are piss drunk at 4am, thats what I hear anyways... Roll Eyes

"More meat than your mouth can handle"

http://www.mrzskeywest.com/

Nevermind
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

My Ride 1:'07 Cherry Jester
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 01:25:21 PM »

I'm sticking with my claim that any place that cooks to order is the best. Its sure better than digging from a pile of steak that's been drying out on the grill like at the fair.

"A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong"
J-Carr
AKA: Oscar Diggs

That's what she said

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Stardust Silver with SEAC, SSERT, and Fulsac 1.75" Slip Ons.  "Screamin' Nemo"

My Ride 2:1966 Road Queen Dori all original parts with some removed for better performance. "Screamin' Malinda"
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2010, 01:33:54 PM »

"More meat than your mouth can handle"

You should never use that line and Key West in the same paragraph.  People could get the wrong idea.  police

Ride Safe,
JC

Please stop the planet.  I would like to get off.
Miker

SoA # 1.77245385

My Ride 1:2009 FLHTCUSE4

My Ride 2:1935 VLD
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2010, 01:58:31 PM »

f$#@ em then....Oops, that may be taken the wrong way...Doh!  So could that! I'll shut up now.   Flip-off

Nevermind
Keats
Service Advisor

My Youngest

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3

My Ride 2:2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2010, 08:33:49 PM »

Ok, this is the way I see it.

Tony Lukes - Great steaks but being under I95 is not much atmosphere
                   a chopped steak - they have 2 places across the street from each other
                   one is outside and the other is a sit in place.

Pat's - My personal favorite - love the hot peppers and hot sauce (really hot)
         a chopped steak. Kids go across the street I go to Pat's

Geno's - my kids favorite across the street from pats, busier, better lighting (all neon)
          place to eat under awning and the steak is truely different (not chopped)
          a truely happening place. Most likely will still be hungry if you eat only one!

Jim's  - South Street (a total freak show that street is) young crowd and the steaks are big and traditional (chopped).......did I mention the freak show down on south.  Watch out for the "flash Mobs" lately
young kids kicking the Chit out of old people for the fun of it. (20 to 30 year olds)

Dellasandro's or "Dell's" is not really in the city, they are in Roxborough and not much atmosphere but great steaks and big.  good for locals.

of course Pat's and Geno's is in the heart of South Phila. safe and interesting
note: do not try to go after a game has just let out. South Philly becomes a parking lot.

Oh buy the way Joey Vento (owner of Geno's) is a Harley rider and Goes down to the Bike events every Year. I met him at Myrtle Beach One year giving out T shirts

D&D Fatcats 2 into 1, Andrews 54H Cams, Ported, milled and coated heads, 2.120 intake valve, Timkin Bearing conversion, SE Crank Darkhorse'd Plugged and welded, SE Cam plate, CR 9.8, SE adjust rods, Johnson Lifters, KB Pistons/rings matched w/jugs trued.
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2010, 06:38:31 AM »

Oh buy the way Joey Vento (owner of Geno's) is a Harley rider and Goes down

Oh my......... Isn't that an oxymoron?  Nixweiss

grandpadoc
Shop Gopher

My Ride 1:2000 SERG

My Ride 2:1970 Sporty Chopper
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2010, 10:36:47 AM »

We will be doing a coast to coast on the bike this summer and these two restuarants are on our list. I've been watching "Man vs Food" and have dedicated the whole trip to stopping everywhere we can to where he's been. The best cheesesteak in Phili was featured recently and I don't remember who won, but Pats and Geno's were featured. Lots to do on the way and back...fried chicken, BBQ, subs, burritos, cajun, and  Drink  Doc   
Keats
Service Advisor

My Youngest

My Ride 1:2008 FLHTCUSE3

My Ride 2:2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2010, 03:15:32 PM »

We will be doing a coast to coast on the bike this summer and these two restuarants are on our list. I've been watching "Man vs Food" and have dedicated the whole trip to stopping everywhere we can to where he's been. The best cheesesteak in Phili was featured recently and I don't remember who won, but Pats and Geno's were featured. Lots to do on the way and back...fried chicken, BBQ, subs, burritos, cajun, and  Drink  Doc   

If you end up in town, give me a heads up .......maybe we could meet
Keats

D&D Fatcats 2 into 1, Andrews 54H Cams, Ported, milled and coated heads, 2.120 intake valve, Timkin Bearing conversion, SE Crank Darkhorse'd Plugged and welded, SE Cam plate, CR 9.8, SE adjust rods, Johnson Lifters, KB Pistons/rings matched w/jugs trued.
grandpadoc
Shop Gopher

My Ride 1:2000 SERG

My Ride 2:1970 Sporty Chopper
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2010, 05:03:04 PM »

If you end up in town, give me a heads up .......maybe we could meet
Keats

We should be going through there mid afternoon on Oct 4th coming from DC on our way to NYC.  I'm buying the first round.  Doc
Hoist!
Monster!
Administrator

HBRRNYC!!!

My Ride 1:'07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED! +++, "CYBIL"!!!

My Ride 2:'99 FXR3, BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, 80" STAGE II EVO 5-SPEED! +++, "JOY"!!!

My Ride 3:'85 FXWG, BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED! +++, CVO STYLE!!!

My Ride 4:'08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR-BASED PRO STREET, BLACK, BOYCE FRAME, HOT 89" EVO 5-SPEED! VERY FAST!!!

My Ride 5:'09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE SOLO BATES SEAT & TIN W/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" STAGE III EVO 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2010, 07:45:49 PM »

We should be going through there mid afternoon on Oct 4th coming from DC on our way to NYC.  I'm buying the first round.  Doc

And be in NYC....? 5th or 6th? It'll be nice to see ya here!!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Hoist! It's Howie

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!!!"

Live Free or Die!!!

Zero Moderation Is Our Goal!!!

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"
Posty McPosterson
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2016, 09:09:53 AM »

Beginning the quest to identify the best steak sub in western NY Saturday. Today it's a steak and three cheese white pizza.  It's Howie

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: